1 minute read

Is Your Marriage Fireproof? – New Movie to Confront Divorce Epidemic

Last Updated: July 26, 2021

Luke Gilkerson
Luke Gilkerson

Luke Gilkerson has a BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies and an MA in Religion. He is the author of Coming Clean: Overcoming Lust Through Biblical Accountability and The Talk: 7 Lessons to Introduce Your Child to Biblical Sexuality. Luke and his wife Trisha blog at IntoxicatedOnLife.com

This is the trailer for the movie FIREPROOF, coming to theaters in August.

A Synopsis (from the Fireproof website):

Lt. Caleb Holt lives by the old firefighter’s adage: Never leave your partner behind. Inside burning buildings, it’s his natural instinct. In the cooling embers of his marriage, it’s another story.

After 7 years of marriage, Caleb and Catherine Holt have drifted so far apart that they are ready to move on without each other. Yet as they prepare to enter divorce proceedings, Caleb’s dad asks his son to try an experiment: The Love Dare.

While hoping The Love Dare has nothing to do with his parents’ newfound faith, Caleb commits to the challenge. But can he attempt to love his wife while avoiding God’s love for him? Will he be able to demonstrate love over and over again to a person that’s no longer receptive to his love? Or is this just another marriage destined to go up in smoke?

According to the American Family Association Journal, one of the chief struggles that lead to Caleb and Catherine’s failing marriage is his pornography addiction. It will be interesting to see how this film portrays this conflict.  Internet pornography is statistically becoming a bigger influence in divorces each year (according to Divorce Wizards).

  • Comments on: Is Your Marriage Fireproof? – New Movie to Confront Divorce Epidemic
    1. Monique on

      Hi there,

      My name is Monique & I’m part of the PR team for Sherwood Pictures–creators of FACING THE GIANTS.
      Thank you so much for supporting the movie on your blog! We wanted to keep you informed of their latest project–FIREPROOF.
      It’s due to hit theaters this September in theaters nationwide. You can go to http://www.fireproofthemovie.com to view the trailer, read the synopsis, and sign up for updates to stay up to date with all of the FIREPROOF happenings! If you’re interested in learning more or need any resource, pictures, and downloads for your blog please email me and I will be happy to get you what you need.

      Again, thanks for blogging!
      Monique
      Lovell-Fairchild Communications

      Reply
    2. SBrown on

      I believe the movie ‘Fireproof” will allow many of its viewer to realize that God ordained marriages since the foundation of the world. Adam and Eve where the first couple. He created them to be as one.
      When we invite God into our lives, our marriages, and our families, we will have peace. Once His peace is received, are we able to live with each other in His grace.

      Reply
    3. marie on

      All men are idiots and about 30% of all women are as well. Relationships for these will be successful. For the other 70% of women a lobotomy is needed for any happiness with a man. As soon as she figures out that he is selfish to the core and an ignoramus, her happiness is doomed.
      You disagree? Look at the world. Men have ruled it for the pass milenia and look at the mess. You really want to trust your heart and affections to them?
      I saw fireproof and it just was upsetting. I did the things this guy did and nothing happened.

      Reply

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *