If you are looking for a place to learn, grow, innovate, and contribute while building relationships with other talented professionals, then Covenant Eyes is the place for you. At Covenant Eyes we look for people who are passionate about providing the best form of Internet Accountability and Internet Content Filtering in the world.
Covenant Eyes provides first class Internet Accountability and Filtering software. We develop code for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. The Internet is expanding at light speed, and we must keep up. This presents our engineers with outstanding opportunities to use their software skills to develop innovative tools for protecting families on the Internet. We need experienced developers who are committed to teamwork in an agile environment.
Telecommuting may be an option for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of product development experience with one of the following languages/frameworks: C/C++, Java, Python/Django
- Superior programming, analytical, and problem solving skills in creating object-oriented, event-driven, multi-threaded software
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and the software development process
- A proven passion for creating software with excellence and innovation
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- Commercial software development experience
- Mac OS development knowledge
- Test Driven Development
- UI/UX experience a plus
- Independent: Able to grasp high-level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees project throughout their life cycle, from development to deployment.
- Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed
- Encourages constructive criticism from peers/leaders
- Accountable: A results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality software
- Flexible and Adaptable: Able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
Our customer growth continues to push our data center expansion needs, and we are currently in need of a Linux / MySQL / VMWare expert. If you love creating and maintaining data centers while maximizing their availability and throughput, we want to talk to you! We’re seeking another systems engineer to assist in maintaining our data/network infrastructure.
- Expert in maintaining Linux-based systems
- Knowledge of server virtualization techniques and practices
- MySQL (or equivalent database) maintenance and support
- Network (BGP, firewall, routers, SIP, subnets, switches, VLANs, VPN, wireless) and server maintenance skills
- Windows Server (2008 or newer)
- Proficient in scripting languages, performance monitoring, tuning, and diagnostics
- Knowledge of network storage technologies
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technically skilled team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or the equivalent in relevant work experience
Covenant Eyes started with simple, e-mailed Accountability Reports delivered weekly to a handful of customers. In the last 12 years, we’ve expanded to generate and deliver thousands of Accountability Reports to over 150,000 users every week through e-mail and the web. The team has grown from a single developer in a pole barn to a vibrant community of web developers, software engineers, designers, and content specialists working together to provide seamless accountability, education, and delightful web experiences to people in over 20 countries.
We’re looking for web developers who take pride in writing reusable, standards-compliant code and working in a collaborative team environment to build and maintain customer-facing web applications and virtualized unix server architectures. The ideal candidate will be a “Pythonista” familiar with responsive development using frameworks like Foundation and working with an automated build pipeline like Bower or Grunt. We believe in using the best tools available, so the ideal candidate will also be comfortable learning and applying new technologies and techniques quickly.
As a part of our web team, you’ll enjoy access to a friendly community of developers and designers who work together both in-person at our spacious offices in Owosso and online throughout the US.
There are currently 3 web developer positions available.
- Passionate about Web Standards, semantic markup, and CSS layout
- Familiar with version control (Git preferred) and content management methodologies
- Strong SQL skills
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- Experience with Apache and MySQL
- Familiar with agile software development
- Familiar with development and maintenance of web-based applications using an established web framework (Django experience preferred)
- Familiar with basic principles of graphic design
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and adhere to tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and resourceful
- Looking for a focused, team-oriented environment in which to grow
- Front End Frameworks – Foundation / Bootstrap
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good problem-solver, with an analytical mind.
- Independent: Able to grasp high level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively.
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees projects throughout their lifecycle, from development to deployment. Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed.
- Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work.
- Accountable: Should be a results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality work.
- Flexible and adaptable. Should be able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.