If you are looking for a place to learn, grow, innovate, and contribute while building relationships with other talented professionals, then Covenant Eyes is the place for you. At Covenant Eyes we look for people who are passionate about providing the best form of Internet Accountability and Internet Content Filtering in the world.
Product Development Manager
Our tech team has grown rapidly over the past couple of years, and we need another manager to help us keep up with that growth. We are looking for an experienced manager who enjoys working with developers and helping them build world-class software for Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS.
Our Product Development Managers work with internal and external stakeholders to determine the business need and value of their projects. They convey each project’s vision to their team, outlining and prioritizing the work to be done based on business value. Product Development Managers also set clear performance expectations for their teams, and schedule frequent one-on-ones and semi-annual performance reviews.
- Experience leading and motivating teams of technical professionals
- Understanding of the intricacies of software development
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to translate members’ needs/ideas into vision and requirements
- Runs effective meetings
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Bachelor’s in Business/Technical field and 5 years related work experience, or 9+ years experience without degree
- Passionate about delivering value to customers through high quality software and services, and transfers that passion to others
- Committed to improving the way we use the Agile software development process
- Promotes, models, and encourages teamwork
- Committed to protecting men, women, and kids from online dangers
Covenant Eyes provides first class Internet Accountability and Filtering software. We develop code for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. The Internet is expanding at light speed, and we must keep up. This presents our engineers with outstanding opportunities to use their software skills to develop innovative tools for protecting families on the Internet. We need experienced developers who are committed to teamwork in an agile environment.
Telecommuting may be an option for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of product development experience with one of the following languages/frameworks: C/C++, Java, Python/Django
- Superior programming, analytical, and problem solving skills in creating object-oriented, event-driven, multi-threaded software
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and the software development process
- A proven passion for creating software with excellence and innovation
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa
- Commercial software development experience
- Mac OS development knowledge
- Test Driven Development
- UI/UX experience a plus
- Independent: Able to grasp high-level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees project throughout their life cycle, from development to deployment.
- Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed
- Encourages constructive criticism from peers/leaders
- Accountable: A results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality software
- Flexible and Adaptable: Able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
Covenant Eyes started with simple, e-mailed Accountability Reports delivered weekly to a handful of customers. In the last 12 years, we’ve expanded to generate and deliver thousands of Accountability Reports to over 150,000 users every week through e-mail and the web. The team has grown from a single developer in a pole barn to a vibrant community of web developers, software engineers, designers, and content specialists working together to provide seamless accountability, education, and delightful web experiences to people in over 20 countries.
We’re looking for web developers who take pride in writing reusable, standards-compliant code and working in a collaborative team environment to build and maintain customer-facing web applications and virtualized unix server architectures. The ideal candidate will be a “Pythonista” familiar with responsive development using frameworks like Foundation and working with an automated build pipeline like Bower or Grunt. We believe in using the best tools available, so the ideal candidate will also be comfortable learning and applying new technologies and techniques quickly.
As a part of our web team, you’ll enjoy access to a friendly community of developers and designers who work together both in-person at our spacious offices in Owosso and online throughout the US.
There are currently 3 web developer positions available.
- Passionate about Web Standards, semantic markup, and CSS layout
- Familiar with version control (Git preferred) and content management methodologies
- Strong SQL skills
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- Experience with Apache and MySQL
- Familiar with agile software development
- Familiar with development and maintenance of web-based applications using an established web framework (Django experience preferred)
- Familiar with basic principles of graphic design
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and adhere to tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and resourceful
- Looking for a focused, team-oriented environment in which to grow
- Front End Frameworks – Foundation / Bootstrap
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good problem-solver, with an analytical mind.
- Independent: Able to grasp high level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively.
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees projects throughout their lifecycle, from development to deployment. Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed.
- Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work.
- Accountable: Should be a results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality work.
- Flexible and adaptable. Should be able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.