If you are looking for a place to learn, grow, innovate, and contribute while building relationships with other talented professionals, then Covenant Eyes is the place for you. At Covenant Eyes we look for people who are passionate about providing the best form of Internet Accountability and Internet Content Filtering in the world.
Covenant Eyes provides first class Internet accountability and Internet content filtering software. We develop code for many platforms – Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry (just to name a few). The Internet is expanding at light speed, and we must keep up. This presents our engineers with outstanding opportunities to use their software skills to develop innovative tools for protecting families on the Internet. We need experienced developers who are committed to teamwork in an agile environment.
Telecommuting may be an option for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of product development experience with one of the following languages/frameworks: C/C++, Java, Python/Django
- Superior programming, analytical, and problem solving skills in creating object-oriented, event-driven, multi-threaded software
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and the software development process
- A proven passion for creating software with excellence and innovation
- Extensive experience with one of the following languages/frameworks: C/C++, Java, Python/Django
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa
- Commercial software development experience
- Mac OS development knowledge
- Test Driven Development
- UI/UX experience a plus
- Independent: Able to grasp high-level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees project throughout their life cycle; from development to deployment.
- Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed
- Encourages constructive criticism from peers/leaders
- Accountable: A results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality software
- Flexible and Adaptable: Able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
User Experience Manager
The User Experience Manager is responsible for managing (1) the services that the User Experience department provides to the company and (2) the departmental staff who provide those services.
At its core, the User Experience department provides design and design research services as part of the teams that develop and maintain the Covenant Eyes core services, like Accountability and Filtering on various platforms, and systems that support those services, like the “My Account” website for members and our call queue system for our Customer Service Representatives.
“Design” and “design research” are broad terms encompassing many specific approaches, including information architecture, information design, interface design, interaction design, usability research, interviews, surveys, and so on.
While this manager will not be responsible for doing design and research work, the manager will need to know about the work in order to be an effective coach who can understand and develop departmental staff and collaborate with other areas of the business. Experience as a user experience professional is required, and experience as a manager is preferred.
This is a full-time salaried position and is exempt from overtime. While some Covenant Eyes staff work remotely, the User Experience Manager must work from Covenant Eyes headquarters in Owosso, Michigan.
To apply, include your résumé and a cover letter that shows your experience with the User Experience field and your thoughts and insights on managing user experience in a software company.
This position requires a person to:
- Understand first-hand the work of User Experience professionals, covering design and research informed by practical experience and a theoretical understanding.
- Be an expert, adaptable communicator using English, using whatever tactics will work well in any given situation.
- Be able to coach and support both junior professionals as they grow in the field and mature designers and researchers as they work on solving tough problems.
- Develop effective business processes of a User Experience department.
- Model professionalism and set a standard for working effectively with others.
As we continue to enhance our products, increase the capabilities of our software, and build the Covenant Eyes web presence, we need web developers to help design, create, and maintain responsive website and e-commerce applications.
Web developers must follow good web design principles and web development practices. They must also actively participate in design discussions and promote quality design before writing code.
Telecommuting may be an option for this position.
- Passionate about Web Standards, semantic markup, and CSS layout
- Familiar with version control (Git preferred) and content management methodologies
- Strong SQL skills
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- Experience with Apache and MySQL
- Familiar with agile software development
- Familiar with development and maintenance of web-based applications using an established web framework (Django experience preferred)
- Familiar with basic principles of graphic design
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and adhere to tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and resourceful
- Looking for a focused, team-oriented environment in which to grow
- Front End Frameworks – Foundation / Bootstrap
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good problem-solver, with an analytical mind.
- Independent: Able to grasp high level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively.
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees projects throughout their lifecycle, from development to deployment. Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed.
- Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work.
- Accountable: Should be a results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality work.
- Flexible and adaptable. Should be able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.