In addition to the specific skills required for each position, we look for candidates who meet our core personal characteristics.
Covenant Eyes provides first class Internet accountability and Internet content filtering software. We develop code for many platforms – Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry (just to name a few). The Internet is expanding at light speed, and we must keep up. This presents our engineers with outstanding opportunities to use their software skills to develop innovative tools for protecting families on the Internet. We need experienced developers who are committed to teamwork in an agile environment.
Telecommuting may be an option for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of product development experience with one of the following languages/frameworks: C/C++, Java, Python/Django
- Superior programming, analytical, and problem solving skills in creating object-oriented, event-driven, multi-threaded software
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and the software development process
- A proven passion for creating software with excellence and innovation
- Extensive experience with one of the following languages/frameworks: C/C++, Java, Python/Django
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa
- Commercial software development experience
- Mac OS development knowledge
- Test Driven Development
- UI/UX experience a plus
- Independent: Able to grasp high-level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees project throughout their life cycle; from development to deployment.
- Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed
- Encourages constructive criticism from peers/leaders
- Accountable: A results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality software
- Flexible and Adaptable: Able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
As we continue to enhance our products, increase the capabilities of our software, and build the Covenant Eyes web presence, we need web developers to help design, create, and maintain responsive website and e-commerce applications.
Web developers must follow good web design principles and web development practices. They must also actively participate in design discussions and promote quality design before writing code.
- Passionate about Web Standards, semantic markup, and CSS layout
- Familiar with version control (Git preferred) and content management methodologies
- Strong SQL skills
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- Experience with Apache and MySQL
- Familiar with agile software development
- Familiar with development and maintenance of web-based applications using an established web framework (Django experience preferred)
- Familiar with basic principles of graphic design
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and adhere to tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and resourceful
- Looking for a focused, team-oriented environment in which to grow
- Front End Frameworks – Foundation / Bootstrap
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good problem-solver, with an analytical mind
- Independent: Able to grasp high level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees projects throughout their lifecycle; from development to deployment. Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed
User Experience Practitioner
User Experience Practitioners at Covenant Eyes improve our products and services by gathering feedback and insight through design research, often with users, and doing various types of design work, from abstract information architecture to more visible graphic design. This work not only improves our existing features, but also helps describe new features that will have great benefit for our customers. UX Practitioners work together with people from other departments, like Product Development or Marketing, to see design work carried through delivery to our customers.
The User Experience department strives to improve the products, services, and overall business of Covenant Eyes, Inc. by utilizing user research, analysis, and design techniques.
All applications for this position must include a cover letter and a portfolio that illustrates an understanding of the design process.
- User experience professional; performs a variety of UX work such as information architecture, information design, interaction design, design research, usability, visual design
- Works well in an Agile setting
- Knowledge of principles, theories, and standards which inform User Experience work
- Creates beautiful interactions and interfaces and systems
- Empathizes with others easily; is able to set aside personal preconceptions in order to understand someone else’s; tenacious when needed to fight for excellence in projects
- Ability to give constructive, critical feedback