If you are looking for a place to learn, grow, innovate, and contribute while building relationships with other talented professionals, then Covenant Eyes is the place for you. At Covenant Eyes we look for people who are passionate about providing the best form of Internet Accountability and Internet Content Filtering in the world.
Covenant Eyes provides first class Internet Accountability and Filtering software. We develop code for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. The Internet is expanding at light speed, and we must keep up. This presents our engineers with outstanding opportunities to use their software skills to develop innovative tools for protecting families on the Internet. We need experienced developers who are committed to teamwork in an agile environment.
Telecommuting may be an option for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of product development experience with one of the following languages/frameworks: C/C++, Java, Python/Django
- Superior programming, analytical, and problem solving skills in creating object-oriented, event-driven, multi-threaded software
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and the software development process
- A proven passion for creating software with excellence and innovation
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa
- Commercial software development experience
- Mac OS development knowledge
- Test Driven Development
- UI/UX experience a plus
- Independent: Able to grasp high-level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees project throughout their life cycle, from development to deployment.
- Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed
- Encourages constructive criticism from peers/leaders
- Accountable: A results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality software
- Flexible and Adaptable: Able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
The User Experience Manager is responsible for training, mentoring and coaching the members of the UX team at Covenant Eyes.
This team provides design and design research services as part of the teams that develop and maintain the Covenant Eyes core services, like Accountability and Filtering on various platforms, and systems that support those services. Team members participate in a variety of design and design research techniques, including information architecture, information design, interface design, usability research, etc.
We are looking for a strategic thinker! The UX manager will not be responsible for doing design and research work. However, this person will need to know about this sort of work in order to be an effective coach. The UX Manager is expected to understand and develop the team’s skills and abilities, and provide strategic insight in collaboration with other teams across the company. You must be passionate about design, and ultimately focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers.
The User Experience Manager must work from Covenant Eyes headquarters in Owosso, Michigan.
To apply, include your résumé and a cover letter that shows your experience with the User Experience field and your thoughts and insights on managing user experience in a software company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related discipline.
- 3+ years leading UX teams in a multi-product line company.
- 7+ years experience designing user experiences in a product centric environment.
- 3+ years working in an Lean or Agile development environment with preference for 2+ years of experience having managed UX activities in one of those environments.
- Experience in establishing and leading design processes.
- Understand first-hand the work of user experience professionals covering design and research informed by practical experience and a theoretical understanding.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to coach and support both junior professionals as they grow in the field and mature designers and researchers as they work on solving tough problems.
- Develop effective business processes of a user experience department.
- Model professionalism and set a standard for working effectively with others.