If you are looking for a place to learn, grow, innovate, and contribute while building relationships with other talented professionals, then Covenant Eyes is the place for you. At Covenant Eyes we look for people who are passionate about providing the best form of Internet Accountability and Internet Content Filtering in the world.
Covenant Eyes started with simple, e-mailed Accountability Reports delivered weekly to a handful of customers. In the last 12 years, we’ve expanded to generate and deliver thousands of Accountability Reports to over 150,000 users every week through e-mail and the web. The team has grown from a single developer in a pole barn to a vibrant community of web developers, software engineers, designers, and content specialists working together to provide seamless accountability, education, and delightful web experiences to people in over 20 countries.
We’re looking for web developers who take pride in writing reusable, standards-compliant code and working in a collaborative team environment to build and maintain customer-facing web applications and virtualized unix server architectures. The ideal candidate will be a “Pythonista” familiar with responsive development using frameworks like Foundation and working with an automated build pipeline like Bower or Grunt. We believe in using the best tools available, so the ideal candidate will also be comfortable learning and applying new technologies and techniques quickly.
As a part of our web team, you’ll enjoy access to a friendly community of developers and designers who work together both in-person at our spacious offices in Owosso and online throughout the US.
- Passionate about Web Standards, semantic markup, and CSS layout
- Familiar with version control (Git preferred) and content management methodologies
- Strong SQL skills
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- Experience with Apache and MySQL
- Familiar with agile software development
- Familiar with development and maintenance of web-based applications using an established web framework (Django experience preferred)
- Familiar with basic principles of graphic design
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and adhere to tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and resourceful
- Looking for a focused, team-oriented environment in which to grow
- Front End Frameworks – Foundation / Bootstrap
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good problem-solver, with an analytical mind.
- Independent: Able to grasp high level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively.
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees projects throughout their lifecycle, from development to deployment. Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed.
- Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work.
- Accountable: Should be a results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality work.
- Flexible and adaptable. Should be able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.