Michael Leahy, author of Porn Nation, is continuing his 30-Day challenge of accountability for those who struggle with pornography temptations. Go to his blog and read his latest post: “30 Day Challenge Tip #1 – The Art & Science of Finding an Accountability Partner.”
You can read some of Michael’s tips on finding the right kind of accountability partner for you. Here are some of this thoughts in brief:
- Seek to be equally yoked – Choose someone who understands the depth and breadth of your problem with porn.
- Resist inviting or appointing a Moses – Don’t simply choose a “giant of the faith” who can’t relate to what you are going through.
- Look for a relationship, not just an accountability partner – Don’t settle for formal or scripted conversation questions. Pursue a real friendship.
- With very few exceptions, do not use your spouse as your accountability partner – If you are in the recovery process, choosing your wife to hold you accountable may set you up for failure.
- Seek out your partner through prayer – Ask God about this vital relationship.
Hi could someone please give me the link so I can use the daily log format you give for the 30 day challenge? I would like to use your format for my daily check-in with my accountability partners. Thank you. God bless you all.
Hello, Simon – I just sent you an email with something that might help. Press on!