Allowing Covenant Eyes to go through the Windows Firewall can ensure the compatibility of the two programs. Follow these steps to set that up.
- Right-click the Windows icon which is normally located in the lower, left-hand corner. It will cause a pop-up menu to appear, click “Settings.”
- Once the Windows Settings screen appears, type “firewall” into the search bar. Select “Allow an app through Windows Firewall” from the automatic suggestion.
- A new screen will appear. In the Allowed apps window, click the “Change settings” button to begin making adjustments.
- The Allowed apps window will unlock (the font color will change and more buttons will now be clickable).
Scroll down the list to see if the three Covenant Eyes files are present. Those three files are:
- If the necessary files are on the list, you’re done! Click the “Cancel” button to exit.
If one of them is missing, click the “Allow another app…” button.
- A smaller window (Add an app) will now appear; click the “Browse…” button.
- Move to the Covenant Eyes folder by clicking This PC > OS (C:) > Program Files > CE.
- Click the Covenant Eyes file that you need (A) and it will be placed in the File name field (B). Click the “Open” button.
- Now the Covenant Eyes file will be in the Path field, and you can click the “Add” button.
- You will be brought back to the Allowed apps window and the Covenant Eyes file that you selected should be on the list.
- Once the necessary Covenant Eyes files are present, make sure each one has checks under the Private and Public columns. When you’re done, click the “OK” button to save the changes.
That should do it! If at any time you would like some assistance or confirmation, please contact Member Care. Anyone on the team will be happy to help!