If your report says Activity Missing or it doesn’t show any activity from your iPhone®/iPad®, walk through the following steps:
Install Covenant Eyes
In order for Covenant Eyes to track and filter your activity on an iPhone®, you have to install the Covenant Eyes from the App Store®! Not sure if the app is installed? Follow these steps:
- Look through your apps and try to find Covenant Eyes.
- If you can’t find the Covenant Eyes app, try and open Covenant Eyes from the App Store®.
- If you can’t open Covenant Eyes from the App Store®, Content Restrictions may have disabled Covenant Eyes.
Sign-in to Covenant Eyes
After you download Covenant Eyes from the App Store®, our app immediately requires you to sign-in before you can install and use it! After that initial sign-in, our app will keep you signed in, but these two instances may occur:
- If your iPhone®’s operating system (iOS) updates, our app may lose its connection to the internet and you may get signed out. To check if you’re signed out of Covenant Eyes, open the app and see if you’re prompted to sign-in.
- If another member on your account is signed into Covenant Eyes on your iPhone®, your phone’s activity will appear on the other member’s report. To view and/or switch what username is signed into Covenant Eyes, open the Covenant Eyes app menu.
Check for Conflicts
Here are things that can conflict with Covenant Eyes on an iPhone®:
- Content Restrictions: Apple provides free parental controls, called Screen Time, for iPhone® and iPad®. A specific setting in Screen Time, called Content Restrictions, allows you to set an app age limit for the App Store®. Apps rated above the age range you select cannot be installed, opened, or used. If Content Restrictions are on, our app may be disabled and you won’t be able to find it on your home screen.
- VPN: If you installed an app that uses a VPN or use a VPN for work, it will conflict with Covenant Eyes. Other VPNs conflict with Covenant Eyes because we run a VPN-like process in the background of your iPhone®.
- Mobile Device Manager (MDM): If you installed an app that uses an MDM or if your device is managed by your employer via an MDM, it will conflict with Covenant Eyes. To check for an MDM on your device: 1) Open up the iPhone “Settings” app, 2) Tap “General,” 3) Scroll down and tap “Profile” and 4) If you have an MDM, it’ll be listed.
- Monitoring Apps: Other monitoring, filtering, and parental control apps may conflict with Covenant Eyes and cause gaps in reporting.
Use the Covenant Eyes Browser
Covenant Eyes only takes screenshots inside of our browser app on iPhone®/iPad®. So if you’re not using the Covenant Eyes app as your default browser, there won’t be any screenshots from your iPhone®/iPad® on your report.
To receive screenshots from your iPhone® on your report and for the best accountability experience:
- Delete other internet browser apps.
- Disable Safari and the ability to install other browsers via Apple’s parental controls, called Screen Time.
- Set Covenant Eyes as your default browser.