Before You Use a Beta Version
In order to quickly provide our members with a fix for a technical issue or access to an upcoming feature, Covenant Eyes will release what is called a BETA version. Betas have been tested and show promise, but may contain bugs.
We make it available to a small group of interested members to ensure that the fix, or the new feature, works well “outside of the lab.” If it does work well, then that beta will become the default download for all members.
With the Covenant Eyes app for Android™, specific steps must be taken in order to use the beta version. Following the steps below will give you access to future betas as well. If there is no beta, updates will be download like normal.
Installing the Beta App for Android
- On your Android device, open the Play Store app.
- Once inside the Play Store do a search for “Covenant Eyes.”
- When the search results come up, tap on Covenant Eyes.
- On the Covenant Eyes app description page, scroll down to the “Join the Beta” section and select the “Join” link.
- You will be asked to confirm your request; tap “Join.”
- Now scroll back up on the Covenant Eyes app description screen and there should be a green “Update” button. Tap on it to start the beta install.
- When the install has finished tap on the green “Open” button. You will then be asked to sign in and walked through steps for installing the app.
- Once you’ve reached the Covenant Eyes for Android app menu, you will have successfully installed the beta version.