For people sharing a device, the Switch User option provides a way for each member to keep his/her activity distinct from the activity of other members. It’s easy to use!
On Android™ devices
Open the app and select “Switch User.” It’s in the upper right-hand corner.
On an iPhone® or iPad®
- Open the app.
- Tap the menu icon.
- Select “Switch User.”
On Mac computers
- Click the Covenant Eyes icon located in the Menu bar that runs along the top of the screen.
- Select “Switch User” from the drop-down menu.
On Windows computers
- Click the Hidden Icons arrow (^).
- Click the Covenant Eyes logo.
- Select “Switch User” from the pop-up menu.
- Enter the Username (and Password) that will be used, and click “Switch User.”
Backstory: In the past, when someone was done browsing the web, he or she could sign out of the Covenant Eyes software. Signing out would disable internet access, which would force the next person using the device to sign in with their own Covenant Eyes username to get online. However, in rare instances, a technical issue could occur where the software didn’t properly require someone to sign in and you could browse the internet without accountability. The Switch User option provides better accountability by constantly keeping the previous username signed in.