People do ask about Covenant Eyes for streaming devices. We appreciate the interest and applaud anyone who is trying to manage their digital content! Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, Covenant Eyes does not work on those devices.
However, we can recommend the following:
- Address the issue at the router level, this decreases the amount of inappropriate content on your wifi signal. Most routers can be set to use a specific connection to the internet, and some connections automatically filter out explicit content. Two industry leaders offer this for free and have good set-up guides – CleanBrowsing and OpenDNS. But, be aware that other devices which are using Covenant Eyes Filtering may run into conflicts with the filter on the router.
- Use the built-in controls. Not all manufacturers provide such a tool but, down below, we’ve provided links for the most popular ones.
- In extreme cases, get rid of the device. It may sound crazy, but we talk with people every week who take this step. They do this in order to save a relationship or preserve their own well-being.
While we can’t provide a technical solution for every situation, we stand with you in the fight against pornography.
- Apple TV – restrict access to certain content and features on your Apple TV.
- Fire TV Stick (Amazon) – to get started, go into Settings > Preferences > Parental Control. It’s pretty intuitive from there, but for a full explanation you can check out this article.
- Roku – be sure to read Roku’s own description of how to block content; it has to be addressed in several ways.