This article will cover how the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) e-mandate directive for recurring transactions affects Indian citizens that subscribe to Covenant Eyes.
What is the RBI e-mandate directive for recurring transactions?
On October 1st, 2021, the RBI enforced its e-mandate directive for recurring payments. These new regulations prohibit domestic and international merchants (businesses) from automatically collecting payments for recurring transactions, services, and subscriptions.
Which Covenant Eyes members will be affected?
The RBI’s new regulations will affect the following Covenant Eyes members:
- Current and future Indian citizens that subscribe to Covenant Eyes.
- Any Covenant Eyes member that pays for their subscription with a debit/credit card issued by an Indian bank.
How do these regulations affect payment?
These new regulations stop merchants, like Covenant Eyes, from successfully charging their customers for their subscriptions. These regulations mean that Indian citizens who subscribe to Covenant Eyes may continually experience failed charges.
Please note: This is not a failure of Covenant Eyes’ billing system – this is a direct result of the RBI’s regulations.
My payment failed. How do I pay my bill?
If you have a failed payment due to the RBI regulations, you can log in to your Covenant Eyes account to manually process your bill:
- Access your Billing History on your online account and select the “View Details >” button. Note: If your subscription was cancelled due to non-payment, you won’t see the Missed Payment option and you’ll need to restart your subscription.
- From the Missed Payment screen, select “View invoice.”
- You’ll be automatically re-directed to your invoice. Type in your card information and then select the “Pay” button.
How do I prevent my bill from failing in the future?
To resolve recurring payment failures from Covenant Eyes, please contact Member Care to switch to email billing.
Covenant Eyes will email you 30 days before your payment is due with email billing. On or before the 30th day, you can pay your bill directly through the email:
- Go to your billing email inbox and look for “Covenant Eyes Inc. Your invoice from Covenant Eyes Inc (invoice number) is due in 30 days.”
- From the email, select “Pay this invoice.”
- Your full invoice will load. Enter in your card information (card number, expiration date, and CVC number) and then select the “Pay” button.