The Covenant Eyes app for iPhone® is a browser that also provides device-wide monitoring. For the best protection and reports, we encourage you to disable Safari via Screen Time and use Covenant Eyes for browsing.
For ease of use, our browser should automatically load the last page that you visited! However, some members have reported seeing this message/error when they open our browser:
What is this message?
This message is from our VPN service. Our VPN runs in the background of your phone to provide device-wide domain (website) monitoring and filtering. This specific message is often random but can occur after an iPhone® or iPad®’s operating system (iOS) updates.
Will this message show up on my report?
Yes, this message can show up on your report under the “Recap of Activity” section. This section of the report contains non-explicit activity from the member’s devices during the reporting period. Read the What is the “Recap of Activity”? article for more details.
How do I fix this message?
Complete these steps in the order listed below to clear this message:
- Clear browsing history and browsing data to help remove this message from the cache (saved data) in our app.
- Restart your device to re-launch the Covenant Eyes browser and our VPN service.
- In our browser, attempt to load a new website. If you’re able to successfully load a new website, the issue is resolved!
If the above steps didn’t clear the message:
- Please uninstall the Covenant Eyes app and re-install it.
- If none of the above actions clear the message, please reach out to Member Care via chat, email, or phone.