Getting started may feel complicated, but it boils down to people. Yes, the app needs to be installed. But having the right person in the right role can make a big difference in obtaining victory. This article will help you cover the basic roles.
The Account Administrator
- This person has control of every aspect of the account.
- He/she will find How do I add, edit, or remove a member from my account? helpful for running the account.
- In some cases, the person in recovery needs someone else to control the account.
- That’s ok and we can help. Consult How do I change who has control of my account? for details.
- A person who is supporting the member is called an ally and will receive accountability reports.
- Allies do not need to buy or install anything.
- Allies do need to have their correct email address in our system. Has the ally logged in and verified their info?
- You can have more than one ally, consult How do I add or remove an ally? for details.
- If you need an ally, consult I don’t have an ally for some suggestions.
The Filter Guardian
- This person controls the filter settings.
- A Filter Guardian does not need to buy or install anything.
- A Filter Guardian does need to have their correct email address in our system.
- Depending on the situation, a new member might want someone else to control the filter settings.
- If that’s true for you, consult I don’t want control of my filter.
- You can have more than one Filter Guardian. You can assign another person from the account to be your Filter Guardian. Or, you can invite someone from outside the account. Go to your profile and scroll down to the “Add a filter guardian” option, click that option, and follow the prompts.
*For additional details about the roles above, consult What is the difference between an Account Administrator, an Ally, and a Filter Guardian?
- This person is using accountability to avoid/overcome pornography.
- After creating an account, make sure you have the right people in the right roles.
- Next, you should install Covenant Eyes to all your devices.
- To consider an additional safeguard, read Understanding Filtering for Screen Accountability™.
Every situation is unique, whether it’s the personal or technical aspects of the situation. If we can be of help, then please contact Member Care via chat or phone (989.720.8000).