If you install a large operating system (macOS®) update on your Mac® with Covenant Eyes installed, you may receive an Internal Error. Covenant Eyes has encountered an internal error. We are sorry for the inconvenience. error message. Try these steps to try and fix this error message:
Uninstall and Reinstall Covenant Eyes
We recommend this because an internal error typically doesn’t re-populate after you install a fresh version of Covenant Eyes.
Check Screen Time and Parental Controls
Some people naturally think that using multiple filtering systems is a good way to layer protection in their household and on their devices. For this reason, some parents attempt to use Apple’s free, built-in parental controls, called Screen Time, on a Mac® computer with Covenant Eyes.
Covenant Eyes compatibility with Screen Time varies, per Mac® operating system (macOS®)! If you’re not sure which macOS® version is on your Mac®, check out How do I find my device’s operating system?
- If your Mac® is on macOS® 10.15 Catalina or above, parental controls are called “Screen Time.” We suggest you configure the Screen Time Web Content filter.
- If your Mac® is on macOS® 10.14 Mojave or lower, parental controls conflict with Covenant Eyes on Mac®. We recommend you disable Parental Controls.
Update Your Computer’s macOS®
Generally, it’s best to keep your Mac® up-to-date and running the latest Apple computer operating system (macOS®). If you keep your Mac® updated, Covenant Eyes has a better chance of running smoothly on your device. Follow these steps to update:
- Uninstall Covenant Eyes from your Mac®.
- Install the latest macOS.
- Reinstall Covenant Eyes on your Mac.