On Mac® computers running macOS® 10.15 Catalina or higher, Covenant Eyes needs access to the “Screen Recording” permission in order to screen capture your activity. If Covenant Eyes doesn’t have access to Screen Recording on Mac®, a M062 error message may occur and you’ll see a Service Interruption message on the report.
What is Screen Recording?
Screen Recording is a privacy setting on Mac® computers. When programs (like Zoom and Covenant Eyes) have access to Screen Recording, they can monitor and view your screen.
How do I fix this message?
If your Mac® is running macOS® Catalina 10.15 or higher, follow these steps to fix the M062 error:
- From your Mac® desktop, click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- From the menu, select “System Preferences…”
- From the System Preferences window, select “Security and Privacy.”
- From the Security and Privacy window, select the “Privacy” tab.
- From the Security & Privacy window, on the Privacy tab, click the lock () in the bottom left.
- On the System Preferences is trying to unlock Security & Privacy preferences window, type in your Mac® administrator computer password (most likely the password you type in to unlock your Mac and access your computer profile).
- From the Security & Privacy window, on the Privacy tab, scroll down and select “Screen Recording” from the menu on the left. Then on the right-hand side of the window, click the box next to “Covenant Eyes.”
- On the Covenant Eyes will be able to record the contents of your screen until it is quit window, click “Quit & Reopen.”
- Next to “Covenant Eyes” there should now be a checkmark (✔). From the Security & Privacy window, on the Privacy tab, click the lock () in the bottom left to save the changes.
- Please restart your Mac® and after the restart the M062 error should be gone!