The Covenant Eyes app is incompatible with Linux and any Linux-variant operating system. Select an option below to learn more:
Why doesn’t Covenant Eyes cover Linux?
Covenant Eyes does not work on Linux for various practical and technical reasons. To keep things brief, we’ll share two specific reasons here:
- There are a lot of operating system variants based on the Linux kernel. So it’d be challenging to make one Covenant Eyes product compatible with them all.
- Linux fans are typically a passionate group, but the market isn’t big enough to justify the cost of research & development to create a Covenant Eyes Linux product.
Can I use the Covenant Eyes Android™ or Mac® app on Linux?
Some think the Covenant Eyes Android™ app or Mac® software will work on a Linux device because they’re somewhat similar to Linux.
But all three operating systems are very distinct, and the Covenant Eyes Android™ app and Mac® software will not work on a Linux device.
How can I protect a Linux computer?
Ultimately the decision is up to you, but here are three options to consider:
- Create device stations in public areas in your home.
We recommend you set up and use your devices in a shared space, like the family room. For example, you can set up a “gaming desk,” “homework computer station,” or “work desk” in your living room. When you take away the secrecy of device usage, people make better, healthier choices with their devices.
- Protect your home by adjusting the settings on your router (the device that sends and amplifies your WiFi).
You can decrease the availability of inappropriate content by changing your router’s connection settings. CleanBrowsing and OpenDNS are free filtering companies. If you change your connection settings on your router to one of them, they’ll filter explicit content on any device that connects to your WiFi.
Note: Devices that use Covenant Eyes Filtering and connect to a WiFi network with filtering may experience connectivity or filtering issues.
- Consider a different device.
If you are experiencing the temptation to look at inappropriate content on a Linux-based device because Covenant Eyes isn’t monitoring it, consider switching to Windows or Mac® computer so Covenant Eyes can monitor it.