If you’re reading this, you’ve probably experienced an unusual problem with your internet connection, when using the Covenant Eyes app for iPhone®.
- No data on cellular, particularly using LTE.
- A smaller number of members lose internet access on both Wi-Fi and cellular.
In some cases, the DIY options down below can temporarily improve a connection issue. But it became clear, as we worked on this problem, that connection issues appear more often when the technology behind our VPN is being used. For members dealing with constant connection issues, the more durable solution is to disable our non-traditional VPN.
Be aware that disabling the VPN will result in a loss of accountability outside of the Covenant Eyes Browser and it will remove all filtering. You can contact Member Care for a) thorough troubleshooting and b) assistance setting up the Covenant Eyes app as your default browser. As the default browser, your phone will choose to open links in Covenant Eyes, encouraging as much accountability as possible.
Refresh the Covenant Eyes app for iPhone.
- Begin by opening the app and tapping the menu icon.
- Then tap the “Refresh” option and look for the confirmation message (“Settings Refreshed”). Once you see that confirmation you can try browsing.
Sprint users only: switch from LTE to 3G.
Some members have made that switch and, in spite of the slower speed, their basic connection on the Sprint network improved. Some of those people were willing to make that switch until a full-fledged solution rolls out.
Switch from Wi-Fi to Data, or vice versa.
This is a general troubleshooting step. In the event that an issue is related to the signal (or connection), switching to a different signal can resolve such an issue and allows you to return to browsing.
Follow these three steps and then try to browse once again.
- Uninstall the Covenant Eyes app.
- Reboot the iPhone (aka power off the phone, wait a few moments, restart the phone)
- Reinstall the Covenant Eyes app.