While browsing in the Covenant Eyes app for iPhone®, you may have received an error message stating “You must enable cookies” before accessing a website. To fix this error:
Clear Browsing Data
If you clear browsing data, your cached pages, and cookies will be deleted. All your previous activity will still be reported to your ally. To clear browsing data:
- Open the Covenant Eyes app and select the menu icon (the person silhouette).
- Next, tap “Settings” and then “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Then tap the “Clear Browsing Data” button.
Disable Cross-Site Tracking & Cookies for Safari
Safari’s Cross-Site Tracking and Cookies can interfere with browsing in the Covenant Eyes app. To disable these two settings:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone® or iPad®.
- Scroll down and tap “Safari.”
- From the Safari page, make sure that two settings are turned off: 1) “Prevent Cross-Site Tracking” and 2) “Block All Cookies.”
- Now, try accessing the original page you were on when you got the error. You should be able to get there now!