Previously, Safari was the designated default browser for Apple mobile devices. But now, in the Settings app on your iPhone® or iPad®, you can choose your default browser! This means you can “set a default web browser and email app that launch when you tap a link or want to compose a new mail message.”
Before You Begin
- App Compatibility: To set the Covenant Eyes app as your default browser on your iPhone® or iPad®, you must have Covenant Eyes app version 5.4.1 or later.
- Operating System Compatibility: In order to change your iPhone® or iPad®’s default browser, it must be running iOS 14 or later. Not sure what operating system you have? Read How do I find my device’s operating system?
Set Covenant Eyes as Your Default Browser
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone® or iPad®.
- Scroll down in “Settings” and select “Covenant Eyes.”
- Tap the “Default Browser App” option.
- Select “Covenant Eyes” to make it your default browser on this iPhone®.
- Next to “Default Browser app,” you should see Covenant Eyes listed.