Covenant Eyes provides accountability for Android™ devices with device-wide Screen Accountability! We also offer an optional filter that blocks explicit websites. This article will cover:
Our monitoring service, Screen Accountability, randomly screen-captures and scans your screen for mature content:
- Use Any Browser: Our app provides device-wide monitoring! So you can use your favorite browser and apps with peace of mind.
- Frequent and Random Screenshots: The user won’t know when our app takes a screenshot of the screen. This random and behind-the-scenes factor motivates people to stay on track.
- 24/7 Activity Feed: You and/or your ally can use the free companion app (Victory by Covenant Eyes) to review all of your screenshots that the monitoring app sent to our servers. Victory automatically checks for new activity throughout the day.
- (For older accounts only) Emailed Reports: We’ll email you (and/or whomever you assign) reports of the member’s device activity to help hold you accountable.
Android™ App Features
- Easily Switch Between Users: Our app’s switch user option makes it easy for multiple kids/people to share a tablet while keeping each person’s activity on his/her own report.
- Lock and Block Apps with App Locking: Don’t want any access to certain apps? Use our built-in App Locking feature to lock apps so they can’t be opened or used!
- Thorough Accountability: Attempts to remove the Covenant Eyes app will send an email notification to your ally!
Our filter service is optional! This means you can subscribe to Covenant Eyes without filtering. If you want to use the filter, we have two filter options:
- Standard (default): Blocks access to all adult, pornographic and explicit sites. Malicious and phishing domains are blocked. This level does not block proxy or VPNs, or mixed-content sites; sites like Reddit are allowed. Google and Bing are set to SafeSearch.
- Strong: All Standard Level Blocking plus proxies, VPN domains, and some mixed-content sites (like Reddit) are blocked. Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo are set to SafeSearch. YouTube is set at Restricted.
Q: Does the Covenant Eyes Android™ app use a VPN?
A: If you subscribe to Covenant Eyes, our monitoring software, Screen Accountability, doesn’t use a VPN on Android™ devices. However, if you also subscribe to our filtering service (which blocks explicit websites), we utilize a VPN-like process on Android™.
Q: Does the Covenant Eyes Android™ app monitor Incognito Mode/Private Browsing?
A: No, Covenant Eyes can’t screen-capture your browsing activity when Incognito Mode/Private Browsing is enabled on Android™. However, if the member uses Incognito Mode we notify the ally on the member’s report as Unmonitored Screen Activity.
Q: Does the Covenant Eyes Android™ app work on Chromebooks, Nooks, or Linux devices?
A: No, the Covenant Eyes Android™ app is not compatible with Chromebooks, Nooks, or Linux devices. Our Android™ app is only compatible with Android™ devices that have Android™ 6.0 or higher.