To uninstall Covenant Eyes, generate an uninstall code and then select your device for uninstall instructions:
Generate an Uninstall Code
An uninstall code is a special key that unlocks Covenant Eyes and allows it to be uninstalled. The uninstall code changes daily and is only active for the day you generate it. You can generate it on any device and use it on multiple devices to uninstall Covenant Eyes. If you generate an uninstall code, we’ll alert your Covenant Eyes ally via email.
- Sign in to My Account and select the “Downloads” tab.
- Then select the “How to uninstall” option.
- On the How to Uninstall screen, tap on the “Select a member” form and a menu with all your members will populate. Tap on the member from the menu that you want to generate the uninstall code for. Doing so will inform the right allies of this action.
- Tap the “Get Uninstall Code” button at the bottom of the screen and the code will be revealed.
*If you cannot generate an uninstall code, your Account Administrator might not have given you the ability to uninstall. If that’s the case, you will need to contact your Account Administrator for an uninstall code.
Uninstall Covenant Eyes for Android™
- On your Android™ device, find and open the Covenant Eyes app.
- On the Covenant Eyes app menu, tap “Settings.”
- On the Settings screen, tap “Uninstall.”
- On the If you proceed, we will report to your ally that you are uninstalling Covenant Eyes. Are you sure you want to uninstall Covenant Eyes? prompt, tap “Yes” to confirm you want to uninstall.
- On the Uninstall Code Required screen: A) If you have the code, enter the code into the “Tap here to enter the uninstall code” field and then tap the “Uninstall” button OR B) If you don’t have an uninstall code, tap “Get Code.”If you selected the Get Code button, type in your Covenant Eyes Account Administrator’s username, password, and then tap the “Submit” button to generate the code.
- On the Do you want to uninstall this app? prompt, tap “OK” to confirm you want to uninstall. The Covenant Eyes app will then uninstall from your device.
Uninstall Covenant Eyes for iPhone® or iPad®
- Locate the Covenant Eyes app on your iPhone® or iPad®’s home screen, slightly push down on the Covenant Eyes app icon, and tap “Remove App.”
- On the Remove “Covenant Eyes”? prompt, tap “Delete App.” NOTE: If you don’t see the option to “Delete App,” then Apple’s free parental controls, called Screen Time, are enabled and preventing you from deleting Covenant Eyes. Turn off Screen Time (scroll down to the Disable Screen Time section of this article) and then try to delete Covenant Eyes.
- On the Delete “Covenant Eyes”? prompt, tap “Delete.” Covenant Eyes should now be removed from your iPhone®. NOTE: If you’re canceling your Covenant Eyes subscription and you previously set up Screen Time on your iPhone® or iPad® to disable apps (like Safari or the App Store®), you may want to turn off Screen Time to restore those apps. Read on to learn how.
Disable Screen Time (Apple’s Parental Controls)
If you’re using Screen Time to disable apps and content on your iPhone® or iPad®, you may want to turn off Screen Time if you cancel your Covenant Eyes subscription. To turn off Screen Time:
- Open your iPhone® or iPad® Settings app.
- Tap “Screen Time.”
- Scroll down and tap “Turn off Screen Time.”
- If you’re prompted to enter your Screen Time Passcode, enter it (if you forgot your passcode, refer to Apple’s support article).
- From the pop-up menu, tap “Turn off Screen Time” to confirm.
Uninstall Covenant Eyes for Mac®
- Open Finder (the blue and white face in the Dock).
- Click on “Applications” to view all your apps. Then double-click to open the blue “Utilities” folder.
- In the Utilities folder, find and double-click the “Uninstall Covenant Eyes” icon. (In Covenant Eyes versions previous to 1.5.0, it will be in the Applications folder.)
- If you have an Uninstall Code, type it in and press the “Uninstall” button. If you don’t have an Uninstall Code, click “Get Code…” and then type in your Covenant Eyes username and password to generate one.
- You may get a pop-up from your Mac® asking for your Mac® Administrator password to confirm you want to uninstall Covenant Eyes. This is your computer password, not your password for Covenant Eyes. Enter it and click “OK” to finish uninstalling Covenant Eyes.
- If you are/were subscribed to our filtering service, you may see this screen. Click “Reveal Covenant Eyes.app in Finder” to view the Covenant Eyes app.
- On the Applications window, locate Covenant Eyes.
- Click on, hold, and drag the Covenant Eyes app into the “Trash” icon on your dock.
- On the pop-up window, select “Continue” to uninstall Covenant Eyes.
- On the Finder wants to move Covenant Eyes to the Trash prompt, enter in your Administrator computer password.
- You will be prompted to restart your Mac®. Click the blue “Restart” button to reboot. If you aren’t prompted to restart, click the “Close” button to exit the uninstaller.
Uninstall Covenant Eyes for Windows 10 & 11
- On the Windows desktop, at the bottom of the screen, right-click the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- On the menu, select “Apps and Features.”
- On the Apps & Features screen, locate Covenant Eyes, select the three dots, and then click “Uninstall.”
- On the This app and its related info will be uninstalled pop-up, select “Uninstall.”
- On the Do you to want allow this app to make changes to your device? screen, select “Yes” to remove Covenant Eyes.
- On the Covenant Eyes InstallShield Wizard Preparing Setup screen, wait a moment while the uninstaller loads.
- On the next screen, enter the uninstall code and click “Next.” (If you don’t have an uninstall code, go back to the beginning of this article to read how to generate one.)
- On the Covenant Eyes InstallShield Wizard Uninstall screen, click “Next” to remove Covenant Eyes.
- On the Uninstall Status screen, please wait while Covenant Eyes is removed from your computer.
- On the Covenant Eyes has been successfully removed screen, click “Finish” and then restart your computer.
Uninstall Covenant Eyes for Windows 8
- From the Start Home screen, open your charm bar and click the search icon.
- Type into the search bar “Programs and Features.”
- A list of all the programs you have installed will appear. Locate and double-click on Covenant Eyes.
- You will be asked if you allow this program to make changes. Click “Yes,” then enter your uninstall code on the next screen. Click “Next.”
- When the uninstall is complete, Covenant Eyes will then prompt you to restart your computer. Close any other programs you have running and save any work, then click “OK.” Covenant Eyes is now off your computer.
Uninstall Covenant Eyes for Windows 7 & Windows Vista
- Open up the Control Panel. You can get to this through your Start Menu. Click on the “Uninstall Programs” button.
- A list of all the programs you have installed will pop up. Locate and double-click on Covenant Eyes.
- You will be asked if you want to allow this program to make changes. Click “Yes,” then enter your uninstall code on the next screen. Click “Next.”
- Covenant Eyes will then prompt you to restart your computer. Close any other programs you have running and save any work, then click “OK.” Covenant Eyes is now off your computer.
Uninstalling Covenant Eyes for Windows XP or previous
- Click once on the “Start” button, typically in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- In the “Start” menu, please click once on “Control Panel.”
- In the “Control Panel,” double-click on “Add or Remove Programs.”
- Once the “Add or Remove Programs” list fills in, click once on “Covenant Eyes,” and then click either “Change/Remove” or “Remove.”
- The next window will ask you to verify, “Do you allow this program to make changes?” Click “Yes,” then enter your uninstall code on the next screen. Click “Next.”
- Once uninstalled, Covenant Eyes will then prompt you to restart your computer. Close any other programs you have running and save any work, then click “OK.” Covenant Eyes is now off your computer.