In order to uninstall Covenant Eyes from a Windows computer, Mac computer, or Android™ device, an uninstall code is required. Due to manufacturer guidelines, Covenant Eyes cannot require an uninstall code for removing the Covenant Eyes app for iPhone®. However, you can use the built-in Screen Time restrictions to safeguard Covenant Eyes from being removed.
Who is authorized to get an uninstall code?
Account Administrators can always generate uninstall codes. Members (who have not had uninstall permissions removed by the Administrator) can generate uninstall codes from their online account or by contacting Member Care.
Note: In some cases, the person in recovery needs someone else to control the account so they aren’t tempted to uninstall. That’s ok and we can help. Consult How do I change who has control of my account? for details.
Am I notified when an uninstall code is generated?
Each time an uninstall code is generated by a member, his/her allies are notified via email.
How do I prevent a member from generating an uninstall code?
An Account Administrator is able to prevent a member from generating uninstall codes. When the setting is adjusted, the member will no longer see the “Uninstall” option in their online account. That setting also prevents that member from receiving an uninstall code from Member Care. To prevent a member from generating an uninstall code, Administrators can go to the Relationships section of My Account and follow these steps:
- Go to my.covenanteyes.com and sign in to your account with your Administrator username and password.
- From the Relationships page, select the member you want to prevent from uninstalling Covenant Eyes.
- On the next screen, tap “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Uninstall Permission.” If the box next to “May uninstall” is checked, then the member is allowed to generate an uninstall code.
- To disable the member’s ability to generate an uninstall code, uncheck the box next to “May uninstall” and tap the blue “Save” button. A confirmation message will populate at the bottom of your screen notifying you that the change was saved.