You need a Covenant Eyes membership to install and use the Covenant Eyes app. Sign up today!
Before You Begin
- Compatibility: Make sure you are running at least iOS (operating system) 14 before installing Covenant Eyes. You can follow these steps to find out what version of iOS you currently have.
- Potential Conflict: If you’re using Apple’s Screen Time (parental controls) settings, make sure that “Apps” are set to 17+ in “Content & Privacy Restrictions.” If “Apps” is not set to 17+, then you won’t be able to install Covenant Eyes. You can follow these steps to set “Apps” to 17+.
- Members with China-based Apple IDs: VPN apps are illegal in China, so Apple removed apps with a VPN, like Covenant Eyes, from the Chinese App Store®. So if your Apple ID is China-based, you won’t be able to find or download the Covenant Eyes app from the App Store®.
Install the Covenant Eyes app for iPhone®
- On your iPhone® or iPad®, open the App Store®.
- In the bottom right-hand corner of the App Store®, tap the magnifying glass that says “Search,” then type Covenant Eyes into the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Next to Covenant Eyes: Quit Porn Now, tap “GET” to download our app. (Note: If you installed Covenant Eyes on this device before, you’ll see a cloud icon with a downward-pointing arrow. Press the cloud to download Covenant Eyes.) Downloading Covenant Eyes is free! But your device may prompt you to enter your Apple ID and password to authorize downloading Covenant Eyes. If you forgot your Apple ID or password, refer to Apple Support.
- Once the app has finished downloading, tap “OPEN.” The App Store® will redirect you to the Covenant Eyes app. Sign in with your Covenant Eyes username and password and tap the “SIGN IN” button.
- On the Welcome to the Covenant Eyes Installer for iPhone® and iPad® screen, tap “Get Started.”
- On the First, let’s allow our VPN screen tap “Allow VPN Configuration” to proceed to the next step.
- On the “Covenant Eyes” Would Like to Add VPN Configurations menu, tap “Allow” to enable our VPN. If prompted, enter your iPhone® passcode. You’ll then see a Nice, the VPN installation was a success! confirmation message.
- On the Next up, please allow notifications screen, tap “Allow Notifications” so our app can send you notifications (don’t worry, we won’t spam you). On the Covenant Eyes Would Like to Send You Notifications pop-up, tap “Allow.”
- You’ll then see a Now you’re cooking – notifications are now turned on! confirmation message.
- On the Background App Refresh screen, tap “Fix Now.” (Note: If you don’t see this screen, Background App Refresh is already on for Covenant Eyes! You can skip ahead to step #13.)
- Turn the toggle switch for Background App Refresh on (the toggle switch should turn green). Then tap “Covenant Eyes” in the top left-hand corner to return to the Covenant Eyes Installer.
- Tap “I’ve Fixed It, Next Step” and you’ll see a Now you’re cooking – Background App Refresh is now turned on! confirmation message.
- On the Now, let’s set up the extension screen; you’ll see information about our new Safari Extension that screen-captures the Safari browser. Since this screen is educational, please skip to step #11 of this article.
- Leave the Covenant Eyes app and open the Settings app.
- Since you enabled our VPN a bit ago, we’ll bring you to the VPN screen in the Settings app. Tap “Back” in the top left-hand corner. On the VPN & Device Management screen, tap “Back” again.
- On the General screen, tap “Settings” in the top left-hand corner.
- Now scroll down and tap “Safari.” Then tap “Extensions.”
- Tap “Covenant Eyes.”
- Turn the toggle switch for Covenant Eyes on (the toggle switch should turn green).
- Then tap “All Websites.”
- Tap “Allow.”
- Now go back to the Covenant Eyes app, scroll down on the Now, let’s set up the extension screen, and tap “Next.”
- On the Got an extra minute? screen, tap “Click here for instructions” to learn about using Screen Time to protect our Safari extension. Tap “Finish Set Up” after you set up Screen Time.
- On the Great job! screen, tap “Got it” to complete the installation. You’ll then see a screen that explains how Covenant Eyes works on iPhone® and iPad®. You can now use your device as you usually would, and Covenant Eyes will use our VPN to monitor your apps, and we’ll screen-capture your activity in Safari and our browser.