An ally is someone that receives a member’s report. Being an ally is completely free and you don’t need to install anything. In order to become an ally for a Covenant Eyes member, the member must send the ally invitation via email.
How to accept an ally invite
- Go to your email inbox and open the ally invite email.
- Click “Yes! Let’s do this” on the email.
- If you’re new to Covenant Eyes, type in your full name, choose a username, choose a password, and then select “Create my secure log in” to accept the invitation. You’re done!
If you have your own Covenant Eyes account or already are an ally for someone else, skip this step and proceed to step #4.
- At the bottom of the screen, select “I already have a username and password.”
- On the next screen, type in your current username and password and then tap “Sign in.” You’re done!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why didn’t I receive an ally invitation email?
There are multiple reasons why you may have not received an ally invitation email. Here are a few:
- The email was never sent from the member. Talk to the member and verify that he or she sent it.
- The email was sent but it was placed in your spam or junk folder. Check all the folders in your email.
- Your email provider (Yahoo!, Gmail, etc.) is blocking the invite from being sent. Add “email@example.com” and “firstname.lastname@example.org” as contacts in your email address book and have the member re-send the invite.
I tried to accept the ally invite but got an error.
Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you accept an ally invite:
- Close and re-open your email program or app.
- Restart your device and then re-open the email invite.
- If you’re viewing your email in a browser: clear browsing history, close your browser, re-open your browser, and then try to open and accept the invite.
I accidentally declined the invite. How do I accept it now?
If you want to accept an ally invite but accidentally declined it, simply ask the member to send you another invite!
How do I update the email address the reports go to?
To change the email address you receive reports to, sign in to our online member portal, My Account.