You need to have a Covenant Eyes username to install our software. Sign up today!
Before You Begin
Be sure you are on the administrator profile of the computer. Installing on a secondary profile may cause future issues. To switch profiles, click the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of your screen and click “Sign Out.” Then, sign in as the administrator.
Also, ensure that Parental Controls are disabled for all profiles on the computer prior to install and remain off while Covenant Eyes is installed. You can see which profiles, if any, use Parental Controls by traveling to your System Preferences, choosing Users & Groups, and looking for any users in the left-side list that are labeled as “Managed.” Managed users have Parental Controls enabled and this must be unchecked.
Installing Covenant Eyes for Mac
Downloads and updates for Covenant Eyes software can be found in your online account.
You will be automatically shown the download that matches the operating system your computer is using. If you believe you are being shown the incorrect version, you may also click the “Show all downloads” link to view the full list of available downloads.
Click the “Download Now” button to download Covenant Eyes and start the installation process.
- Open “Covenant Eyes Install.” When the Install dialogue opens, click “Continue.” (If you are using Mac OSX Mountain Lion or newer, you may have to adjust your Gatekeeper settings.)
- Read the Important Information, then click “Continue.”
- Read the Software License Agreement, then click “Agree.”
- Click “Install” to install Covenant Eyes. You may be asked to enter your computer’s username and password to continue.
- When you finish installing Covenant Eyes, you may be asked to restart your Mac. Once you have restarted, you can sign into Covenant Eyes and use the internet.
Updating Covenant Eyes
In order to update your Covenant Eyes software, simply follow the process outlined above. In most cases, you will not need to uninstall your current version of the software.
Checking Your Version Number
Click on the Eye icon in the menu bar. Select “About Covenant Eyes” from the menu. Your version number will appear in the new window.