You need to have a Covenant Eyes username to install our software. Sign up today!
As You Begin
Be sure you are on the administrator profile of the computer. Installing on a secondary profile may cause future issues. To switch profiles, click the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of your screen and click “Sign Out.” Then, sign in as the administrator.
If you wish to use Screen Time’s Web Content Restrictions in conjunction with Covenant Eyes’ filtering, please follow the steps in this article to prevent a conflict.
Covenant Eyes for Mac® is compatible with macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) and above. You can follow these steps to check the version of macOS your device is running.
Installing Covenant Eyes for Mac
Downloads and updates for Covenant Eyes software can be found in your online account.
- Once you are in the Downloads section of your online account, click the “Download Now” button to download Covenant Eyes and start the installation process.
- Open “Covenant Eyes Install.” When the Install dialogue opens, click “Allow.”
- Read the Important Information, then click “Continue.”
- Read the Software License Agreement, then click “Agree.”
- Click “Install” to install Covenant Eyes. You may be asked to enter your computer’s administrator username and password to continue.
- When you finish installing Covenant Eyes, you may be asked to restart your Mac. Once you have restarted, you can sign into Covenant Eyes and use the internet.
Updating Covenant Eyes
In order to update your Covenant Eyes software, simply follow the process outlined above. In most cases, you will not need to uninstall your current version of the software.
Checking Your Version Number
Click the Covenant Eyes icon in the menu bar. You’ll see the version number near the bottom of the drop-down menu.