You need to have a Covenant Eyes username to install our software. Subscribe to Covenant Eyes today!
Before You Begin
- Compatibility: Covenant Eyes’ Mac® software is compatible with macOS® (Mac® operating system) Sierra 10.12.1 and above. To see if Covenant Eyes is compatible with your Mac®, check your macOS®.
- Administrator Profile: You must install Covenant Eyes on the Mac® computer’s Administrator profile, or you may experience issues. If you need to, you can log out of your profile and log in to the Mac® computer’s Administrator profile.
- Potential Filter Conflict: If you plan to use Apple’s Screen Time’s Web Content Restrictions with Covenant Eyes’ filtering, please follow the steps in this article to allow Covenant Eyes and prevent a conflict.
Install Covenant Eyes for Mac®
Follow the steps below to get Covenant Eyes on your Mac® computer:
Download and Install
- Go to my.covenanteyes.com and log in with your username and password.
- Click “Downloads,” “macOS,” and then the “Download” button.
- Open the Finder app (the half-blue & white face) on your dock.
- Click on “Downloads” and then double-click on “CovenantEyesMac.dmg” (or it may say “CovenantEyesMac[number].dmg”)
- Double-click and open “Install Covenant Eyes.”
- On the This package will run a program to determine if the software can be installed window, click the “Allow.”
- On the Welcome to the Covenant Eyes Installer window, click “Continue.”
- Read the Important Information page and click “Continue.”
- On the Software License Agreement window, click the “Continue” button.
- On the To continue installing the software you must agree… window, click “Agree.”
- At the Standard Install on Macintosh HD window, click the “Install” button to begin the install process.
- On the Installer is trying to install new software window, type in your Mac computer password and click the “Install Software” button.
- On The installation was completed successfully window, click “close.” If you are prompted to restart your computer, save any unsaved work, close all your applications, and then restart your computer.
- On the Do you want to move the Covenant Eyes Installer to the Trash? window, click “Keep.” The installer may helpful for troubleshooting purposes if issues arise later.
- Covenant Eyes may prompt you to sign in now. If you do not see a login box, our program likely remembered your Covenant Eyes username and password and logged in automatically.
Covenant Eyes will prompt you with two alert banners to allow notifications.
- Hover over the notifications, click the “Options” menu, and select “Allow.”
Set Up Screen Accountability
- On the Let’s set up Screen Accountability window, click “Continue.”
- On the Covenant Eyes is requesting permission to record your screen window, click “Open Security Preferences.”
- On the Screen Recording window, next to Covenant Eyes, toggle the switch on (it’ll turn blue).
- On the Privacy & Security is trying to modify your system settings window, enter your Mac Administrator computer password and click the “Modify Settings” button.
- On the Covenant Eyes may not be able to record the contents of your screen… window, click “Quit & Reopen.”
- On the Screen Accountability is set up! window, click “Done.” You should see a bolded Covenant Eyes logo at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Great job! You successfully installed Covenant Eyes. You can now use any internet browser (Google Chrome, Safari, etc.) and Covenant Eyes will run in the background to monitor your activity. To learn more about how our monitoring software works, read Screen Accountability FAQs.
Set Up Blocking
These Set Up Blocking steps are only for members that use our website filter, which blocks explicit websites.
- On the Let’s set up Blocking window, click “Continue.”
- On the Covenant Eyes Would Like to Filter Network Content window, click “Allow.”
- On the System Extension Blocked window, click “Open Security Preferences.”
- On the Privacy & Security window, next to System software from application “Covenant Eyes” was blocked from loading, click the “Allow” button.
- On the Privacy & Security is trying to unlock Privacy & Security preferences window, enter your Mac Administrator computer password and click the “Unlock” button.
- Finally, click the lock icon in the lower-left corner and then close Security & Privacy. Then select “Done” from the module at the top of the screen.