Here are three steps you can take to either find the Covenant Eyes app or bring it back to your home screen.
First, make sure the app is installed.
- Open the App Store® and search for Covenant Eyes.
- Once you locate it and tap on the app, you will see the option to “Get” or “Open.”
- If you see the option to “Get,” you have not yet installed Covenant Eyes. Here’s how to install the Covenant Eyes app for iPhone®/iPad®.
- If you have the option to “Open,” but cannot find it, read on.
Second, see if the app is on another screen or tucked inside a folder.
- Swipe through your pages of apps.
- Look in each folder (a group of apps) to make sure Covenant Eyes hasn’t been overlooked or tucked away in an odd spot.
- If you want to move the app to a different location, it’s easy!
- Lightly press and hold the Covenant Eyes app with your finger until it begins to shake back and forth.
- Using your finger, lightly drag the app to the location you’d like to have it and let go. The app should land where you place it.
- Press your home button to stop the apps from shaking.
Third, if you still cannot find the Covenant Eyes app, you may have inadvertently disabled Covenant Eyes using Screen Time on the device.
Here is how to check the Screen Time settings and get Covenant Eyes back on your home screen.
- Open the Settings app on your device and tap “Screen Time” (above “General”.)
- Tap on “Content & Privacy Restrictions” then tap “Content Restrictions.”
- Scroll down and tap “Apps.”
- Here, you must allow 17+ apps.
- Once you have done this, you may tap the home button or return to your home screen where you should see Covenant Eyes.
Why would restricting apps disable Covenant Eyes?
The App Store rates all apps by age/maturity level. All browsers, by nature of what you can access in them, are rated 17+ by the App Store. Since Covenant Eyes is a browser, it is labeled as 17+ and cannot be used when Content Restrictions are set to any level below 17+.