Here are three steps you can take to find the Covenant Eyes app and/or bring it back to your home screen:
Check Your Home Screen and App Folders
- Swipe through your pages of apps.
- Look in each folder (a group of apps) to make sure Covenant Eyes hasn’t been overlooked or tucked away in an odd spot.
- If you want to move the app to a different location, it’s easy!
- Lightly press and hold the Covenant Eyes app with your finger until it begins to shake back and forth.
- Using your finger, lightly drag the app to the location you want and let go. The app should land where you place it.
- Tap your screen to stop the apps from shaking.
Verify Covenant Eyes is Installed
Members with China-based Apple IDs: VPN apps are illegal in China, so Apple removed apps with a VPN from the Chinese App Store. So if your Apple ID is China-based, you won’t be able to find or download the Covenant Eyes app from the App Store®.
- On your iPhone® or iPad®, find and tap the App Store®.
- In the bottom right-hand corner of the App Store®: (A) tap the magnifying glass that says “Search” and then (B) type Covenant Eyes into the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Once you locate it and tap on the app, you will see the option to “GET” or “OPEN.”
- If you see “GET,” Covenant Eyes is not installed on your device. Install the Covenant Eyes app for iPhone®/iPad® for device-wide monitoring and filtering!
- If you see “OPEN,” Covenant Eyes, is already installed on your device! Tap “OPEN” to launch the Covenant Eyes app.
If you see this message after you tapped “OPEN,” – Restrictions Enabled. Certain apps, features, or services can’t be seen or used when Restrictions are on. To use this app, turn Restrictions off – read on to the next section of this article to enable Covenant Eyes!
See if Covenant Eyes is Disabled
Apple provides free parental controls, called Screen Time, for iPhone® and iPad®. A specific setting in Screen Time, called Content Restrictions, allows you to set an app age limit for the App Store®. Apps rated above the age range you select cannot be installed, opened, or used.
Apple rates the Covenant Eyes app for iPhone® at age 17. Set Content Restrictions to 17+ and then Covenant Eyes will open and run on your device:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone®/iPad®.
- Tap “Screen Time.”
- Tap on “Content & Privacy Restrictions” then tap “Content Restrictions.”
- Scroll down and tap “Apps.”
- Here, you must allow 17+ apps.
- Once you have done this, return to your home screen where you should see Covenant Eyes.