You can send GIFs (short videos) via Apple’s texting app, Messages, on iPhone®! There are hundreds of funny GIFs, but some are mature. Covenant Eyes cannot monitor GIFs on iPhone®. To completely disable #images on an iPhone®, follow this two-part process:
PART ONE: Turn off #images
- Open the Messages app and then open a new text message.
- Tap the “A” that represents the App Store® logo.
- The “Favorite Apps” bar will appear. Swipe left across the bar until you locate the “More” option. (The icon is three gray dots.)
- On the next screen, tap the “Edit” option in the top left corner.
- To remove #images from the Favorites bar, tap the red minus sign that appears next to #images. After you tap the minus sign, an option to the right will appear that says “Remove from Favorites.” Tap on it.
- Under MORE APPS, #images will be visible. Turn the toggle switch off for #images to disable it. To completely remove the ability to use #images, read on to Part Two!
PART TWO: Disable the option to re-install #images
- If you disable the option to Install Apps, the member will not be able to install any new apps or reinstall #images.
- If you’re familiar with Screen Time settings, go to the Settings app > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Installing Apps > Don’t Allow.
- If you’re not familiar with Screen Time settings, follow the steps in How do I set up Screen Time on iOS 14 or 15?.
Feel free to contact our Member Care team for free assistance.