Covenant Eyes labels your device in your email report or the Victory app by its manufacturer name or model (e.g., iPhone 13). If you want to, you can name your device (e.g., John’s iPhone 13) so it’s easier for you and your ally to identify.
Select an option below to name your device:
Name your Android™
Note: these steps may change slightly per Android model.
- Open the device’s “Settings” app.
- Scroll down in the Settings app and tap “About” or “About Phone.”
- Tap “Device Name” on the screen.
- Type in the desired name for the Android™, and select “OK.”
Name your iPhone® or iPad®
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone® or iPad®.
- Tap “General” on the menu.
- Tap “About” on the menu.
- Tap “Name” on the menu.
- Enter the desired device name at the top of the screen and tap “done” on your keyboard.
Name your Mac®
- Login to the Mac® Administrator profile on your Mac®. From the Mac® desktop, select the apple icon from the top left-hand corner and select “System Preferences.”
- On the System Preferences page, select “Sharing.”
- Type in the new name into the “Computer Name” field at the top of the screen, and the computer will automatically save the new name.
Name your Windows PC
- Right-click the Windows icon in the bottom, left-hand corner of your desktop.
- Select “System” from the menu.
- In the About screen, select the “Rename this PC” button.
- Type in the desired name for the Windows PC into the Rename your PC screen and select “Next.”
- The computer may prompt you to sign in with your username and password and reboot to confirm the name change.