Covenant Eyes will always try to show the given name of your device(s) on your report. If people on your account have the same device model, you can name each device in order to easily identify them on the report(s).
Name your Android™
Note: these steps may change slightly per Android model.
- Open the device’s “Settings” app.
- Scroll down in the “Settings” app and tap “About Phone.”
- Tap “Device Name” on the screen.
- Type in the desired name for the Android, and select “OK.”
Name your iPhone® or iPad®
- Open up the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap “General” on the menu.
- Tap “About” on the menu.
- Tap “Name” on the menu.
- Enter in the desired device name at the top of the screen and tap “done” on your keyboard.
Name your Mac®
- Login to the Mac Administrator profile on your Mac.
- From the Mac desktop, select the apple icon from the top, left-hand corner and then select “System Preferences.”
- On the System Preferences page, select “Sharing.”
- Type in the desired name for the Mac into the “Computer Name” field at the top of the screen and it’ll automatically be saved.
Name your Windows PC
- Right-click the windows icon in the bottom, left-hand corner of your desktop.
- Select “System” from the menu.
- In the About screen, select the “Rename this PC” button.
- Type in the desired name for the Windows PC into the Rename your PC screen and select “Next.”
- You may be asked to sign-in and restart the computer to confirm the name change.