The Block List is a tool that gives our members a customized filtering experience by allowing them and their Filter Guardian to create a list of blocked websites. Any site added to the member’s Block List will automatically be blocked so the member can’t access the site.
Who can use the Block List?
All members that are subscribed to our Filtering service have their own Custom Website List. The Custom Website List contains the member’s Block List and Allow List. Each member’s Filter Guardian will be able to access and edit the Allow List and Block List. As a helpful feature, all members have access to their own Block List and can add any site into their Block List. But for safety purposes, once a site has been added into the Block List, it can only be removed by a Filter Guardian.
How do I access the Block List?
- Sign into My Account and select the member you’ll be serving.
- Tap the “Settings” option for that member.
- On the Settings screen, tap the “Custom Website List” option
- Enter the website you wish to block into the form and click the red “Block” button.
- A confirmation message will appear and you’ll see the site on your Custom Website List labeled as a blocked site.
What websites can I add to the Block List?
Filter Guardians can add any desired website to their member’s Block List:
- The Block List trumps the Allow List. This means that if you have the same website entered in both the Allow List and the Block List, the site will be blocked.
- A specific page of a website cannot be added to the Block List (i.e. google.com/mail).
- A specific section, or sub-domain, can be added to the Block List (i.e. mail.google.com – in this example, “mail” is a section of google.com.).
- Some websites (especially social media) require more than one URL be added to the Block List in order to be blocked.
- Only Filter Guardians can remove sites from the Block List.
How much does the Block List cost?
For most Covenant Eyes members, using the Block List to customize your filter is already included in your current plan! This means that you can use our Filter and Block List at no extra cost. Simply login to our online member portal, My Account, and add Filtering to the desired members’ profiles.
Note: Longtime Covenant Eyes members may be on our legacy Personal Plan. This plan has a base rate and increases in price depending on the members and services you add. If you are on our Legacy Plan, adding Filtering will cost $1.50 per member, each month.