The Covenant Eyes Filter service for Screen Accountability™ provides domain blocking across all devices. There are two levels of blocking. Members on the same account do not have to have the same blocking setting. These settings can be changed when the Filter Guardian goes to the My Account section of our website and completes the following steps:
- Once the Guardian is signed into My Account, select “Manage Members.”
- Within Manage Members, select the “Filtering” shield icon for the person whose settings you need to change.
- There are two levels to choose from:
Adult Blocking (standard)
Blocks access to all adult, pornographic, and explicit websites. It does not block proxy or VPN domains. Mixed-content sites (like Reddit) are allowed. Google and Bing are set to use SafeSearch.
Family Blocking (blocks more)
Blocks access to all adult, pornographic, and explicit websites. It blocks some proxy and VPN domains. Some mixed-content sites (like Reddit) are blocked. Google, Bing and Yahoo are set to use SafeSearch. YouTube’s (moderate) Restricted Mode is put into action.
Select the blocking setting that would be most appropriate for the person you are helping. Typically, the Family level will be appropriate for teens and children, whereas the Adult level will be best for any adult members.
- Now, click the blue “Save Settings” button.
- Finally, refresh the Covenant Eyes software on all of the member’s devices to put the changes into immediate effect.
UPDATE 7/30/19: We released a new tool for Filtering! The Custom Block List enables you to block a site that the Adult or Family level does not block. To learn more about this new tool, click here.