Big Sur (macOS 11) revamps graphics, sounds, and incorporates some iOS-like components. In terms of accountability, not much has changed. To ensure accountability you need to:
Important: Members that use a Mac Administrator profile on their computers can disable these settings at any time and a Service Interruption message will appear as part of their activity in the Victory app (or email report). To prevent the member from disabling these settings, create a “Standard user” profile for them to use on the Mac®.
Set Up Blocking
These steps are only for members that are subscribed to our filtering service, which blocks explicit websites. If you aren’t subscribed to our filter service, skip to the next section in this article (Enable Notifications).
- On the Let’s set up Blocking window, click “Continue.”
- On the Covenant Eyes Would Like to Filter Network Content window, click “Allow.”
- On the System Extension Blocked windows, click “Open Security Preferences.”
- On the Security & Privacy window, click the lock icon in the lower left-hand corner.
- On the System Preferences is trying to unlock Security & Privacy preferences window, enter your Mac Administrator computer password and click the “Unlock” button.
- Next to System software from application “Covenant Eyes” was blocked from loading, click the “Allow” button.
- Finally, click the lock icon in the lower-left corner and then close Security & Privacy. Then select “Done” from the module at the top of the screen.
- You will be prompted to “Allow” two notifications: “Covenant Eyes” and “Covenant Eyes News.” We use these to communicate with you and provide feedback on your system. These two requests might not pop up immediately and might not be together, but please allow both of them for optimal performance.
- If you missed those messages when you first installed Big Sur, you can click the Apple icon and select “System Preferences.”
- Click the “Notifications” icon.
- Locate “Covenant Eyes” in the list of apps and click the toggle switch. Do the same thing for “Covenant Eyes News.”
Allow Screen Recording
- Immediately after installing Big Sur, you will see this pop-up. Select “Open System Preferences.”
- Your Mac will open the Security & Privacy section of System Preferences and you can check the box next to Covenant Eyes.
- Now click “Quit & Reopen.”
In the event you selected “Later,” follow these steps:
- Click the Apple icon and select “System Preferences.”
- Click the “Security & Privacy” icon.
- In the Security & Privacy window, click the “Privacy” tab. Then scroll down the list on the left side and click “Screen Recording.” And then click the lock icon to make changes.
- Now, you can check the box next to Covenant Eyes.
- Finally, click “Quit & Reopen.”
- Congrats, you took care of accountability items unique to Covenant Eyes for Mac®!