To Install Covenant Eyes
Follow these steps to temporarily turn off Avira’s Real-Time Protection. These steps will ensure a smooth installation of Covenant Eyes; steps in the other two sections are for ensuring the ongoing compatibility of Avira and Covenant Eyes.
- From the desktop screen, right click on the Avira icon in the system tray and select the “Enable Real-Time Protection” option.
- After a moment, the umbrella on the Avira icon will close. You should be safe to install Covenant Eyes.
Excluding Covenant Eyes from Real-Time Protection
- From the Avira home page, select the “Security” option from the left side menu and click on the “Protection options” tile.
- At the Protection options page, click on the gear icon next to Real-time protection.
- Avira should bring up the Antivirus Pro page. Under the Real-Time Protection option on the left, select “Exceptions.” When the Exceptions page comes up, click on the button with three dots in the Processes to be omitted by the Real-Time Protection section.
- Move to the CE folder by clicking This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > CE. Select one of the Covenant Eyes files and click the “Open” Button.
There are three Covenant Eyes files that need to be added:
- You should see the file path in the field next to the three dots button, click on the “Add >>” button. Repeat the previous steps to add the remaining Covenant Eyes files to the list.
- Once you have the Covenant Eyes files on the list, click on the button with the three dots in the next section titled Files and Folders to be ignored by the System Scanner…
- Navigate down the file tree to the CE folder by clicking This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > CE. Select the CE (Covenant Eyes) folder and click the “OK” button.
- When you have the file path next to the button with three dots, click the “Add >>” button to move it to the list. Click “Apply/OK” before exiting this page to save the changes.
Allowing Covenant Eyes through the Firewall
Avira utilizes the Windows Firewall. For this series of steps, we will be accessing the Windows Firewall from your Desktop.
- From your desktop, click on the Windows icon at the lower-left corner of your screen and select the “Settings” option.
- From there, select “Network & Internet.”
- When the Status page for your network comes up, scroll down and click on “Windows Firewall.” Windows should bring up the Firewall & network protection page.
- Select “Firewall & network protection” from the menu on the left-hand side, then choose “Allow an app through firewall” below.
- In the Allowed apps and features windows, click the “Change settings” button in order to be able to check what files are allowed.
- When the Allowed apps & features window unlocks, scroll down the list to verify the Covenant Eyes files are present.
There are three Covenant Eyes files that need to be present:
- If any are missing, click the “Allow another app…” button.
- The Add an app window should appear. Click the “Browse…” button next to the Path field.
- Navigate to the CE folder by clicking This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > CE. Select one of the Covenant Eyes files and click the Open Button.
- With the path to the Covenant Eyes file listed, you will need to click the “Add” button.
- You should be brought back to the Allowed apps & features window and the Covenant Eyes file should be on the list. Repeat the previous steps to add the remaining Covenant Eyes files to the list.
- Once all the files are present, make sure they all have checks under the Private and Public columns. When you’re done, click the “OK” button to save the changes.