Nearly every device using Android™ has a built-in battery optimizer. The optimizer attempts to manage the device’s apps in order to preserve battery life. Covenant Eyes runs constantly to monitor and protect you, so it’s not surprising when a battery optimizer flags it. This article will help you find and exclude Covenant Eyes from the battery optimizer on your Android™ phone or tablet.
If you’re not sure which version of Android is on your device, check out How do I find the Operating System I have on my device?
If your device is using Android 8, select your device’s manufacturer:
For LG devices:
- Open your Settings app. Scroll down to select “Battery & power saving.”
- Tap on “Battery Usage” and the screen will change. Scroll down and tap “Ignore optimizations.” (On some models, LG uses the title “Power saving exclusions”)
- Scroll down until you see Covenant Eyes in the list and a toggle switch for it. Switch the toggle to “On.”
For Samsung devices:
- Open your Settings app. In the Settings app, tap the search field and do a search for “Battery.” When it comes up, tap “Battery.”
- Once you’re in the Battery settings screen, scroll down until you see “Unmonitored Apps.”
- From the Unmonitored Apps screen, please tap “Add apps.”
- At this point you should see a list of apps. Find Covenant Eyes in the list and select it. Now, tap “Done” in the upper, right-hand corner.
- You should then be taken back to the list of Unmonitored Apps. If Covenant Eyes is now in the list, you’re done. Close the Settings app.