Most Android™ devices come with a built-in battery optimizer. This item serves the purpose of managing the device in order to preserve battery life. Being that Covenant Eyes runs constantly to monitor and protect your device, it’s not surprising when a battery optimizer flags Covenant Eyes. This article explains how you can find and exclude Covenant Eyes from the battery optimizer.
For LG devices:
- Open your Settings app. Scroll down to select “Battery & power saving.”
- Tap on “Battery Usage” and the screen will change. Scroll down and tap “Ignore optimizations.” (On some models, LG uses the title “Power saving exclusions”)
- Scroll down until you see Covenant Eyes in the list and a toggle switch for it. Switch the toggle to “On.”
For Samsung devices:
- Open your Settings app. In the Settings app, tap the search field and do a search for “Battery.” When it comes up, tap “Battery.”
- Once you’re in the Battery settings screen, scroll down until you see “Unmonitored Apps.”
- From the Unmonitored Apps screen, please tap “Add apps.”
- At this point you should see a list of apps. Find Covenant Eyes in the list and select it. Now, tap “Done” in the upper, right-hand corner.
- You should then be taken back to the list of Unmonitored Apps. If Covenant Eyes is now in the list, you’re done. Close the Settings app.