The Covenant Eyes app runs 24/7 to monitor your device. Your device’s built-in battery optimizer may flag it and try to shut it down to preserve battery life. This article will help you exclude Covenant Eyes from the battery optimizer on your Android™ phone or tablet.
If you’re unsure which version of Android™ is on your device, read How do I find my device’s operating system?
- If your device is using Android™ 12, follow these steps.
- If your device is using Android™ 11, follow these steps.
- If your device is using Android™ 10, follow these steps.
- If your device is using Android™ 8, follow these steps.
If your device is using Android™ 9, select your device’s manufacturer:
For Google Pixel devices:
- Open the Settings app and select the “Battery” option.
- On the Battery page, tap the three vertical dots in the upper, right-hand corner. Select the “Battery usage” option from the drop-down menu.
- Find and tap the Covenant Eyes app on the Battery usage page.
- The operating system should bring you to the Covenant Eyes app page. Tap the “Battery optimization” option.
- When you get to the Battery optimization page, scroll through the list to find Covenant Eyes. If it is not there, hit the down arrow that is located in the upper, right-hand corner and select “All apps” from the list.
- Scroll through the Battery optimization list. Locate and select the Covenant Eyes app.
- A pop-up menu should appear; select “Don’t optimize” from the list and tap “Done.”
- Once you hit “Done,” “Not optimized” should then display underneath Covenant Eyes.
For Samsung devices:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select the “Device care” option.
- In the lower left corner, tap the “Battery” option.
- Scroll through the list and select the Covenant Eyes app.
- At the bottom of the Covenant Eyes App usage page you should see an option called “Put app to sleep.” When it is blue, it indicates that the operating system will put Covenant Eyes to sleep when it feels it is not in use. You need to slide the switch to the off position so the OS is not allowed to put the app to sleep. Once this is done, you can close out of the Settings app.
For LG devices:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select “Battery” from the menu.
- Select “Power Saving Exclusions” from the menu.
- Find Covenant Eyes on the list and make sure the toggle is on.
Huawei and Xiaomi
Huawei, Xiaomi, and some Samsung devices have unchangeable battery-saver processes that “turn off” Covenant Eyes without the user’s knowledge or consent. Therefore, Covenant Eyes does not work well on these devices, and there is no way to keep the device from “turning off” Covenant Eyes. To learn more, check out the website don’t kill my app.