The Covenant Eyes app runs 24/7 to monitor your device. Your device’s built-in battery optimizer may flag it and try to shut it down to preserve battery life. This article will help you exclude Covenant Eyes from the battery optimizer on your Android™ phone or tablet.
If you’re unsure which version of Android™ is on your device, read How do I find my device’s operating system?
- If your device is using Android™ 12, follow these steps.
- If your device is using Android™ 11, follow these steps.
- If your device is using Android™ 9, follow these steps.
- If your device is using Android™ 8, follow these steps.
If your device is using Android™ 10, select your manufacturer:
For Google Pixel devices:
- Open the Settings app and select the “Apps & Notifications” option.
- On the Apps & notifications page, select the “Advanced” section.
- Find and tap the words “Special app access” to move to that section.
- The operating system should now offer you the “Battery optimization” option, select it.
- On the Battery optimization page, scroll through the list to find Covenant Eyes. If it is not there, hit the down arrow that is located next to the words “Not optimized.” Select “All apps” from the list.
- Scroll through the Battery optimization list. Locate and select the Covenant Eyes app.
- A pop-up menu should appear; select “Don’t optimize” from the list and tap “Done.”
- Once you hit “Done,” “Not optimized” should then display underneath Covenant Eyes.
For Samsung phones using Android 10
Samsung’s are unique and have two battery settings to take care of – “Put app to sleep” and “Optimize battery usage.”
Excluding Covenant Eyes from the “Put app to sleep” setting:
- Open the Settings app and tap “Device care.”
- On the Device care page, tap the “Battery” option.
- On the Battery page, tap “Battery usage.”
- In the Battery Usage list, find “Covenant Eyes” and tap it.
- Make sure the “Put app to sleep” toggle switch is in the off position.
Excluding Covenant Eyes from the “Optimize battery usage” setting:
- Open the “Settings” app and select “Apps” from the menu.
- Choose “Covenant Eyes” from the list.
- Choose “Battery” from the menu.
- Choose “Optimize battery usage” from the menu.
- Choose “Apps not optimized” and from the drop-down, tap “All.”
- Scroll down and select “Covenant Eyes” from the menu.
- Make sure the “Optimized battery usage” toggle switch is in the off position.
Huawei and Xiaomi
Huawei, Xiaomi, and some Samsung devices have unchangeable battery-saver processes that “turn off” Covenant Eyes without the user’s knowledge or consent. Therefore, Covenant Eyes does not work well on these devices, and there is no way to keep the device from “turning off” Covenant Eyes. To learn more, check out the website don’t kill my app.