This tool enhances the customization of Filter settings. It gives a Filter Guardian the ability to allow access to specific sites. If our standard domain blocker is blocking school.example and the member should have access to that site, then the Filter Guardian will be able to allow school.example through the Custom Website List and Covenant Eyes will not block the member’s access to school.example.
Who can use it?
All members that are subscribed to our Blocking service have their own Custom Website List. Each member’s Filter Guardian will be able to access and edit that list.
What version of Covenant Eyes will be needed?
Only recent versions of Covenant Eyes have this capacity, anything earlier will not work. The minimum version numbers are:
- Covenant Eyes for Android, version 126.96.36.199
- Covenant Eyes for iPhone, version 5.3.6
- Covenant Eyes for Mac, version 3.3.7
- Covenant Eyes for Windows, version 8.1.15
How do I check my version?
To see which mobile version you have, open the Covenant Eyes app and look below the menu:
On your computer, click the Covenant Eyes icon and you’ll see the version number of Covenant Eyes:
How do I access the Allow List?
Sign into My Account and select the member you’ll be serving.
Tap the “Settings” option for that member.
On the Settings screen, tap the “Custom Website List” option.
Type in the website you wish to allow and click the green “Allow” button.
Covenant Eyes will confirm the change and display the site in your Custom Website List as an allowed site.
What websites can I add to the Allow List?
- If the member is set to the Family Blocking Level, the Filter Guardian can put an Adult-level site on the Allow list. (e.g. – reddit.com)
- The blocked setting overrides the allowed setting. If you have a website entered as both a blocked site and as an allowed site, the site will be blocked.
The finer points:
- A specific page of a website is listed after the “.com/” like this – example.com/specialpage
- A specific page CANNOT be added to the Allow list.
- A section of a website can be written like this – mail.google.com. In this case “mail” is a section of google.com.
- A section CAN be added to the Allow List.
How much does it cost?
If you are paying for Filtering (and most of our members are) – nothing! Customizing the filter is already part of your plan. You simply need to make sure that Filtering is turned on for your username.
If you are not paying for the Filter service, adding that feature will cost $1.50/member/month.
If you’d like to ask questions or comment on this tool, please contact Member Care.