The Account Administrator (Admin) has complete control over an account and all the members on the account. This means the Admin can edit settings for all account members, generate uninstall codes, access billing information, and cancel the account.
Being an Admin is completely free and you don’t need to install anything. In order to become an Admin for a Covenant Eyes member, the member must send the Admin an email invitation:
Accept an Admin Email Invitation
- Go to your email inbox and open the account administrator email invitation. The subject line will say You are invited to manage (person’s name) account with them.
- Tap “Yes! Let’s do this” on the email.
- If you have your own Covenant Eyes account or are signed in with a profile you use to support someone else, you’ll see this screen – Invitation to manage (person’s name) account admin for them. Tap “Continue to accept invitation.” If you don’t see this screen, skip to the next step!
- On the Manage (person’s name) account with them screen, type in your full name, choose a username and password, type them into the fields, and then select “Create my secure log in.” Note: even if you have an existing username that you use to support someone else, you must create a separate username in order to manage this member’s account.
- On the next screen, type in your email address, phone number, select a security question, security question answer, time zone, and then select “Save & accept invitation” to accept the invitation.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email with the subject line (Person’s name) has made you an admin. (You don’t need to do anything with this email.) You’re done!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why didn’t I receive an admin email invitation?
There are multiple reasons why you may have not received an invitation:
- The email was never sent from the member. Talk to the member and verify that he or she sent it.
- The email was sent but it was placed in your spam or junk folder. Check all the folders in your email.
- Your email provider (Yahoo!, Gmail, etc.) is blocking the invite from being sent. Add “firstname.lastname@example.org” and “email@example.com” as contacts in your email address book and have the member re-send the invitation.
I tried to accept the admin email invitation but got an error?
Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you accept an admin invitation:
- Close and re-open your email program or app.
- Restart your device and then re-open the email invitation.
- If you’re viewing your email in a browser: clear browsing history, close your browser, re-open your browser, and then try to open and accept the invitation.
I accidentally declined the invitation. How do I accept it now?
If you want to accept an admin invitation but accidentally declined it, simply ask the member to send you another invitation!