An ally receives activity reports for a Covenant Eyes member. Allies do not have to subscribe to Covenant Eyes themselves or install our software. Covenant Eyes members can invite allies, and Account Administrators can assign allies to other members on their accounts.
Add an Ally
- Go to your online account and tap “+ Add a Relationship.”
- Type in the name of the ally into the Full name field, select the box next to My ally, and tap the “Next” button.
- Enter the ally’s email address in the Email field and tap the “Send email invitation” button. A confirmation will populate that says Your invitation was sent to (person’s name).
Remove an Ally or an Ally Invitation
- Select the person from your Relationships list.
- Click the trashcan icon next to the ally’s name to remove the person as your ally, or potential ally.
- On the pop-up window, tap “Remove” to confirm you’d like to remove the ally. A confirmation will populate at the bottom of the screen.
Why didn’t I receive an ally email invitation?
There are multiple reasons why you may have not received an invitation:
- The email was never sent from the member. Talk to the member and verify that he or she sent it.
- The email was sent but it was placed in your spam or junk folder. Check all the folders in your email.
- Your email provider (Yahoo!, Gmail, etc.) is blocking the invite from being sent. Add “firstname.lastname@example.org” and “email@example.com” as contacts in your email address book and have the member re-send the invitation.
I tried to accept the ally email invitation but got an error?
Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you accept an ally invitation:
- Close and re-open your email program or app.
- Restart your device and then re-open the email invitation.
- If you’re viewing your email in a browser: clear browsing history, close your browser, re-open your browser, and then try to open and accept the invitation.
I accidentally declined the invitation. How do I accept it now?
If you want to accept an ally invitation but accidentally declined it, simply ask the member to send you another invitation!