Nearly every Android™ device has a built-in setting called Accessibility. Traditionally, Accessibility is used for voice commands, navigation, display settings, and more. The Covenant Eyes Android™ app needs access to Accessibility in order to provide some secondary app services. This message occurs when our access to Accessibility encountered a problem and needs to be reset. This article will cover:
Fix the Accountability Service Message
- Tap “Accessibility Settings.”
- You’ll be directed into the device’s Accessibility settings, in your Settings app. Tap on “Covenant Eyes.”
- On the next screen, the toggle switch for Covenant Eyes will be on. Turn it off by toggling the switch to the left.
- You’ll see a prompt that says Stop Covenant Eyes? Tap “Stop” to confirm.
- Now turn Covenant Eyes on by toggling the switch to the right.
- You’ll see a prompt that says Allow Covenant Eyes to have full control of your device? Tap “Allow” to confirm.
- Great job! Covenant Eyes should now run properly on your device.
Troubleshooting Steps if the Message Persists
Receiving this error message repeatedly? Here are some other steps you can try:
If you need us, we’re here.
If you’d like to verify that Covenant Eyes is working properly after completing the above steps, refer to How do I know that Covenant Eyes is working properly?