Connection problems on your iPhone® or iPad®? Read on.
If you're reading this, you've probably experienced some unexplained, annoying, or even infuriating problems with your internet connection when using Covenant Eyes app for iPhone®.
We know, our devices should just work, and when they don't it's frustrating. We're taking this issue seriously, and we're using this page to communicate with our members about it.
How to tell if you’ve had this issue
The experience may have looked something like this.
- No data on cellular, particularly using LTE.
- Websites and apps load data at extremely slow speeds
- Wi-Fi access is not established, especially when moving between cellular and Wi-Fi
We've heard of these issues happening in situations like loading directions on a map app, getting into your car, and as you drive away your map app stops working—because your data connection failed. There's a variety of situations where this issue appears.
Information and Quick Troubleshooting
- Members on Sprint networks often cannot connect to the internet over LTE. Once they switch to 3G, the connection works well.
- Our VPN technology relies on DNS monitoring, meaning we monitor which domains are being accessed. For Sprint networks, our DNS requests are sent, but replies are never received. We’re investigating solutions to this problem, so stay tuned.
- A smaller number of members lose internet access on both Wi-Fi and cellular. We first started hearing of this problem around the time iOS 14 was released, so it may be related. This is often, but not always, resolved by opening the Covenant Eyes app, tapping the avatar to open the menu, then selecting “Refresh Covenant Eyes”.
- When using apps, or loading webpages, things might load much slower than normal. It’s tough to tell whether this is being caused by the Covenant Eyes VPN; do you have experience that might indicate whether it is?
Other Troubleshooting Steps
Beta Has Been Deployed
May 7, 2021
Two weeks ago, we told you that we’d have more information about a beta version of Covenant Eyes that we’ve been working on. This beta will help us gather information to help us better understand connectivity problems we’re hearing about on cellular data and WiFi.
Currently, we have a pool of participants that are testing this beta and providing
The iOS issue concerns all of us.
Let's work on a solution together.
Want to help us figure this out?
Some of you have asked how you can help. Thank you!
Please leave a reply on this page describing what connection problems you have experienced. It seems Internet provider is an important factor, so please include both your home internet provider and your mobile carrier.
The connection problems we're seeing are complex and real-world examples can help pinpoint the exact causes.
iOS Connectivity Team
Your experience is our priority. We work collaboratively with brilliant and caring colleagues to craft the best digital experiences possible.
Get issue updates
Get the latest updates on what we’ve learned about this issue.