Recent studies show 12% of websites are pornographic and 86% of men are likely to click on Internet sex sites if they know no one else will know about it.
One of the reasons Internet pornography is so tempting to many men—and women—is because of the allure of secrecy. Never before has the need for Internet accountability been greater for those who want a pure thought life online. But how should you get started? How can you find trusted accountability?
Below are some links to previous articles, podcasts, and videos that will give you a place to start.
1. Know the Need
2. Use Good Technology
- Read: “Breaking the Lure of Internet Porn – Accountability Software”
- Listen: “Fighting Internet Porn Temptations” (4:23)
3. Pick Your Partner
- Read: “Whom should I choose to be my Accountability Partner?”
- Listen: “Why Christian Accountability Groups Fail” (16:41)
- Watch: “Choosing a Good Accountability Partner” (5:15)
4. Deepen Your Friendship
- Read: “Four Tips on Developing an Accountability Relationship”
- Listen: “Battling Sin at the Root” (33:35)
- Watch: “Three Ways the Gospel Overcomes Online Temptations” (4:55)
5. Model for Your Family
- Read: “Accountability as a Lifestyle: The Next Generation”
- Listen: “Battling Internet Pornography” (7:41)
- Watch: “Spying on your kids online vs. Holding them accountable” (6:27)