I wanted to pass along an interesting message I recently heard from Ed Welch, counselor and faculty member at the Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation.
His one-hour message is called “Sex in the City, Suburbs, and Countryside” (mp3, 55.1 MB). In this message he unpacks some of the messages our culture says about sexuality. The message is perfect for parents and for counselors/pastors who are helping sexually broken people. In this message he addresses issues such as:
- Working with sexual abuse victims
- Giving young people a “theology of pleasure”
- The virtue of self-control
- Do we “need” sex?
- How sex is dehumanized by calling it only a physical act
Learn more from CCEF:
- Ed Welch’s workbook: Crossroads: A Step-by-Step Guide Away from Addiction
- Video: “How do I counsel someone who has been caught in sexual sin and doesn’t want to change?“
- Video: “How specific should a husband be in confessing lust to his wife?“