Accountability is a buzzword in churches today. To some adults, accountability denotes a staunchy legalism, an unnecessary prop that blemishes authentic freedom from sin. To others, this habit of regularly bringing their struggles before others is their lifeline to purity.
What is authentic accountability and how is it a God-given means to bring about change in our lives? Below are several links to our blog we hope will begin answering these questions for you:
- Samson and the Pirate Monks, by Nate Larkin
- Why Small Groups? by C.J. Mahaney
- Are Internet Filters Simply Moralism? – Douglas Wilson wrote this post specifically for our blog. We were more than happy to publish his timely wisdom to parents concerned about Internet pornography.
- The LTG Model: Accountability + Discipleship – This classic model created by Neil Cole has helped many people to start small accountability groups.
- Four Tips on Developing an Accountability Relationship – This guest post from Christian counselor Cynthia Mann outlines simple tips for growing your accountability friendships.
- Is Your Accountability Group Doomed to Fail? – Accountability software is a good start, but accountability partners need to learn strong communication skills.
- Siren Song – Overcoming Pornography Temptations – C.S. Lewis said, “You and I have need of the strongest spell that can be found to wake us from the evil enchantment of worldliness.” This article explores how gospel-centered accountability breaks the spell of temptation.
- Is Accountability in the Church an Unnecessary Crutch? – Pastor John Piper graciously answered this question when we sent it to him. Watch his short video response.
- Battling Sin at the Root – This is our interview with Jonathan Dodson about his e-book, Fight Clubs: Gospel-Centered Discipleship, which was released more than a year ago on The Resurgence website.
- Confessing Lust to Your Wife – How Detailed Should You Be? – This helpful video from Christian counselor David Powlison gives biblical guidance on a very sensitive question.
- Three Ways the Gospel Overcomes Online Temptations – In this short video excerpt of John Piper, Tim Keller, and D.A. Carson, they talk briefly about how accountability relates to the gospel and overcomes the desire to look at pornography.
We hope these resources are helpful to you and your accountability partners.