Thanks to PurifyingGrace for publishing my series on Romans 6. It was a joy to write.
In this commentary I attempt to unpack some of Paul’s thoughts on being dead to sin. Because we are united to the risen Christ we now have a new center to our lives, a new hope, and an entirely new grounds for obeying God. By recollecting the finished work and resurrection life of Christ, and by affirming our oneness with Him, we live out of a new identity.
- Part 1: Overview – Spotlight on Romans
- Part 2: The Problem Created by Romans 1-5
- Part 3: We Died to Sin
- Part 4: Christ Died to Sin
- Part 5: Christ Lives to God
- Part 6: What about Dying to Sin?
- Part 7: Consider Yourselves Dead to Sin
- Part 8: In This Hope We Were Saved
- Part 9: Newness of Life vs. Oldness of Porn