It seems more and more pastors, missionaries and church planters are interested in talking about the appropriate opposite-sex boundaries that need to be in place to protect marriages. Here’s one I found on an Amy Colón blog for wives.
She lists the following boundaries that she and her husband share concerning their interactions with the opposite sex:
- Side hugs—no “straight on” hugs
- No riding in a car alone with the opposite sex
- Limited “one on one” meetings with ladies IN PUBLIC. If needed, she will be directed to me, another female in the church or a counselor OR, she can start meeting with both me and my husband together if she chooses
- We have all of each-other’s passwords for Facebook, Twitter and email
- He has given me the freedom to share with him when I think another lady is becoming “too friendly”
- We share our entire schedule every day via Google calendar, or actually talking to each-other to let each-other know if something new comes up
- We use Covenant Eyes (an online tracker of websites visited)
- We have friends and confidants who keep us accountable and ask tough questions
These are some great suggestions for couples. Any thoughts?
Great common sense advice! I believe if you really want to have a pure relationship with God and your spouse, these wisdom tips are easy to follow!