Mac Version 2.10.2
Released October 31, 2018
- Removed browser extension reminders.
- Refreshed branding images.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
Mac Version 2.10.1
Released September 12, 2018
- Upgraded the Safari browser extension.
- Added reminder to install browser extensions for best clarity in monitoring.
Mac Version 2.9.1
Released July 10, 2018
- Fixed an issue where the Covenant Eyes menu would not appear in the menu bar.
- Fixed occasional issues where Covenant Eyes would stall upon sign in.
- Improved the Panic feature.
- Improved compatibility with the Google Chrome browser.
- Added an automatic update feature.
- Updated Firefox browser extension.
- Fixed a crash when logging very large errors.
- Made improvements to the Filter Override.
- Fixed minor bugs with automatically installing Covenant Eyes updates.
Mac Version 2.8.10
Released November 30, 2017
After this version, we will no longer support Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or earlier. Please upgrade your operating system to a newer version of macOS.
- Fixed an issue where two Covenant Eyes icons would occasionally appear in the menu bar, giving an M072 error.
- Updated Firefox Extension for compatibility with Firefox 57+ (“Quantum”).
- Other bug fixes.
Mac Version 2.8.9
Released October 5, 2017
- Added support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- Improved hotspot detection.
- Fixed an occasional issue that caused a slow sign in.
Mac Version 2.8.8
Released November 16, 2016
- Added support for macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Fixed a kernel panic affecting those who pair the Keynote app on iOS with the Keynote app on macOS.
- Fixed two other causes of some rare kernel panics.
- Fixed an issue where the Covenant Eyes menu would sometimes disappear from the menu bar.
Mac Version 2.8.7
Released May 3, 2016
- Users of Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) no longer need to restart the computer when upgrading Covenant Eyes, and in some cases when installing or uninstalling.
- Fixed an issue where some characters within URLs were chopped off on Accountability Reports.
- Improved compatibility with Sophos Antivirus Web Protection and WORDsearch Bible.
- Fixed an issue that caused some web pages to display “Unknown Domain,” “HTTP 400 Bad Request,” or an incomplete page.
Mac Version 2.8.6
Released October 27, 2015
- Fixed kernel panic.
Mac Version 2.8.5
Released September 24, 2015
- Fixed issue where update notifications weren’t being displayed on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and later.
Mac Version 2.8.4
Released September 15, 2015
- Fixed issue that prevented Covenant Eyes from installing onto Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Fixed issue where filter error messages were repetitively displayed when websites were blocked.
- The Covenant Eyes browser extension for Firefox now meets Firefox’s signing requirements.
- Updated menu icon (including 2x and 3x Retina support).
- Include Covenant Eyes client version information in Accountability Reports.
- Display a “Panicked” web page when users try to access the Internet through a web browser while panicked.
- Display “0:00:00” in menu bar when Internet is blocked due to Blocked Times settings.
- Reports when Covenant Eyes is installed.
Mac Version 2.8.3
Released July 21, 2015
- Improved functionality of auto-sign-in when a user intentionally signs out of Covenant Eyes.
- Improved HTTPS filtering.
- Fixed issue where the Covenant Eyes icon would sometimes disappear from the menu bar.
- Fixed various issues related to sleep mode.
- Fixed issue with reporting IPv6 URLs.
- Fixed issue where Kaspersky causes uninstalls to fail.
- Fixed issue where uninstalling causes a kernel panic on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan. This version of Covenant Eyes is not compatible with El Capitan.
Mac Beta Version 2.8.2
Released June 23, 2015
- Improved ability to connect at hotspots.
- Improved handling of home and work network problems.
Mac Version 2.8.1
Released April 30, 2015
- Added the ability to generate an Uninstall Code within the uninstaller.
- Disabled the Panic Button after it has been pressed.
- Added support for the Chrome extension in Mac OS 10.6 for 32-bit users.
- Updated the Firefox extension to improve Report clarity.
- Various interface changes.
Mac Version 2.8.0
Released April 8, 2015
- Accountability Reports now display which application was used to access a URL.
- Fixed a bug that caused visited sites to be reported as unconfirmed sites (this happened when the computer was coming out of sleep).
- Improved the install/uninstall process.
Mac Version 2.7.2
Released February 18, 2015
- Improved error messages.
- Various bug fixes.
Mac Version 2.7.1
Released December 18, 2014
- Fixed an issue with installing on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Fixed an issue with uninstalling the Chrome extension.
Mac Version 2.7.0
Released December 17, 2014
- Adjusted Covenant Eyes’ sensitivity to network problems.
- Updated icons for Yosemite Dark Mode.
- Improved error reporting.
- Improved hotspot sign in process.
- Improved proxy error reporting and validation.
- Fixed extension installation issues for Google Chrome versions 39 and later.
Mac Version 2.6.1
Released September 30, 2014
- Fixed incorrect reporting of pages that were blocked while using the Firefox browser.
- Fixed a problem that was incorrectly displaying a “no services” error message.
- Various text and graphic updates.
Mac Version 2.6.0
Released August 22, 2014
- Added support for Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite).
- Covenant Eyes no longer repeatedly asks to install the extension in Safari 7.1 and later.
- Fixed a spelling error.
Mac Version 2.5.1
Released July 15, 2014
Fixed a bug in the Firefox browser extension where it reported Supporting URLs more than once.
Mac Version 2.5.0
Released June 26, 2014
- Prevented installation (for now) onto Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite).
- Added browser extensions for Safari, Firefox, and Chrome to improve Accountability Reports.
- Improved installer to prevent installing over an incompatible version of Covenant Eyes.
Mac Version 2.4.1
Released March 27, 2014
- Fixed a periodic crashing issue (kernel panic).
Mac Version 2.4.0
Released March 12, 2014
- Disabled Secure Search in Google to improve monitoring, filtering, and reporting of search terms.
Mac Version 2.3.1
Released January 29, 2014
- Blocked times countdown timer now starts with less than one hour remaining (instead of ten).
- Fixed issue where some users were under older blocked time settings.
- Fixed occasional crashing issue.
Mac Version 2.3.0
Release Date: January 21, 2014
- Added Time of Day blocking for Filter users.
- Improved stability of connections to Covenant Eyes servers.
- Improved support for IPv6.
Mac Version 2.2.3
Release Date: November 13, 2013
- Miscellaneous text changes.
Mac Version 2.2.2
Release Date: November 6, 2013
- Updated text and sensitivity for the “Network Disconnected” popup.
- Improved communication with Covenant Eyes servers when network connectivity is poor.
- Fixed memory leaks and other bugs.
Mac Version 2.2.0
Release Date: October 9, 2013
- Standardized all server communication (improves compatibility with proxies and firewalls).
- Sign in window now shows remembered usernames and automatic sign-in preferences.
- Improved error reporting and troubleshooting.
- Updated text throughout software.
- Various interface changes.
- Added support for keyboard shortcuts in the uninstaller.
- Improved reporting of URLs for users of the Chrome browser.
- Improved Filter compatibility with Chrome and Safari.
- Improved hotspot detection and handling.
- Fixed issue with automatic updates.
Mac Version 2.1.2
Release Date: April 30, 2013
- Fixed a bug in the Uninstaller on 32-bit machines.
Mac Version 2.1.0
Release Date: April 23, 2013
- Covenant Eyes is now digitally signed using Apple keys. (This means you should never see an “unidentified developer” message upon installation.)
- Enhanced error message for failed installation on older systems.
- Minor code changes and bug fixes.
Mac Version 2.0.1
Release Date: April 18, 2013
Added Internet Filtering Service
- Filter URLs based on block/allow list.
- Filter URLs based on sensitivity level of page and user.
- Blocked URLs displayed in Blocked Sites module on Accountability Reports.
- Blocked URLs displayed in the URL Log window.
Known Differences from the Windows Filter
- Filter Guardians (or authorized Filter users) can temporarily override from the Filter block page.
- Time controls are not currently supported.
- Changes to Filter settings can be applied via a “Refresh” option within the Covenant Eyes for Mac software menu.
Mac Version 1.5.0
Release Date: February 14, 2013
- Only one sign in failure window displayed at a time.
- Changed the menu to more closely match the Windows Filter menu.
- Uninstaller moved to the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.
- Various tweaks to improve the install/uninstall process when upgrading from older versions of Covenant Eyes.
- Fixed occasional crash issue.
Mac Version 1.4.9
Release Date: January 11, 2013
- Dropped support for operating systems prior to 10.6.0 (Snow Leopard).
- Fixes to HTTPS URL logging.
- Improved circumvention protection.
- Fixed failure where uninstaller required administrative privileges.
- Removed Covenant Eyes username and password confirmation during installation.
Mac Version 18.104.22.1688
Release Date: April 13, 2012
- Fixed automatic start-up issue with new installs.
- Dropped support for MacOS 10.4 Tiger.
Mac Version 22.214.171.1246
Release Date: December 15, 2011
- Removed “Administrator rights needed” message during uninstall.
Mac Version 126.96.36.1997
Release Date: September 29, 2010
- Changed Covenant Eyes icons and images to match new branding
- The Accountability Report now shows when Covenant Eyes for Mac is installed
Mac Version 188.8.131.522
Release Date: July 29, 2010
- Fixed memory leaks
- General stability fixes
- Removed “Enable Secure Hotspot Access” option from the Preferences menu. We have enabled this feature by default.
- Improved debug logging when Covenant Eyes for Mac crashes
Mac Version 184.108.40.206
Release Date: April 26, 2010
- Covenant Eyes for Mac is now compatible in 64-bit mode
- Fixed issue with blank lines appearing in the URL log
- Multiple improvements resulting in increased stability
Mac Version 1.4.3a
Release Date: December 21, 2009
- Increased support for Snow Leopard
- Improved stability of the CE program for the Mac
- Removed the show in dock option. The CE icon will only appear in the menu bar
Mac Version 1.3.8
Release Date: July 14, 2009
- New: Web page titles are now shown next to Web addresses (URLs) in Accountability Reports and Detailed Browsing Logs
- Additional security and stability improvements