Mac Beta Version 2.8.12b16
Released April 3, 2018
After this version, we will no longer support Mac OS X 10.9 Maverick or earlier. Please upgrade your operating system to a newer version of macOS.
- Fixed an occasional issue where Covenant Eyes would stall upon sign in.
- Fixed an issue where the Covenant Eyes menu would not appear in the menu bar.
- Improved the Panic feature.
- Improved compatibility with the Google Chrome browser.
Mac Beta Version 2.8.10
Released November 21, 2017
- Fixed an issue where two Covenant Eyes icons would occasionally appear in the menu bar, giving an M072 error.
- Updated Firefox Extension for compatibility with Firefox 57+ (“Quantum”).
- Other bug fixes.
Mac Beta Version 2.8.9b26
Released September 20, 2017
- Added support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- Improved hotspot detection.
- Fixed an occasional issue that caused a slow sign in.
Mac Beta Version 2.8.8b20
Released September 28, 2016
- Fixed a kernel panic affecting those who pair the Keynote app on iOS with the Keynote app on macOS.
- Fixed two other causes of some rare kernel panics.
Mac Beta Version 2.8.8b11
Released July 12, 2016
- Added support for macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Fixed an issue where the Covenant Eyes menu would sometimes disappear from the menu bar.
Mac Beta Version 2.8.7b21
Released April 19, 2016
- Users of Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) no longer need to restart the computer when upgrading Covenant Eyes, and in some cases when installing or uninstalling.
- Fixed an issue where some characters within URLs were chopped off on Accountability Reports.
- Improved compatibility with Sophos Antivirus Web Protection and WORDsearch Bible.
- Fixed an issue that caused some web pages to display “Unknown Domain,” “HTTP 400 Bad Request,” or an incomplete page.
Mac Beta Version 2.8.6b4
Released October 15, 2015
- Fixed kernel panic.
Mac Beta Version 2.8.4b5
Released August 4, 2015
- Fixed issue that prevented Covenant Eyes from installing onto Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Fixed issue where filter error messages were repetitively displayed when websites were blocked.
Mac Beta Version 2.8.3b12
Released July 14, 2015
- Improved functionality of auto-sign-in when a user intentionally signs out of Covenant Eyes.
- Improved HTTPS filtering.
- Fixed issue where the Covenant Eyes icon would sometimes disappear from the menu bar.
- Fixed various issues related to sleep mode.
- Fixed issue with reporting IPv6 URLs.
- Fixed issue where Kaspersky causes uninstalls to fail.
- Fixed issue where an uninstall causes a kernel panic on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Covenant Eyes is not compatible with El Capitan at this time.
Mac Beta Version 2.8.2.b4
Released May 28, 2015
- Improved ability to connect at hotspots.
- Improved handling of home and work network problems.
Mac Beta Version 2.7.0b15
Released December 11, 2014
- Adjusted Covenant Eyes’ sensitivity to network problems.
- Updated icons for Yosemite Dark Mode.
- Improved error reporting.
- Improved hotspot sign in process.
Mac Beta Version 2.6.0b23
Released July 29, 2014
Covenant Eyes versions 2.6.0 and later are compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). You do not need to uninstall Covenant Eyes prior to upgrading to Yosemite, but you will need to re-enable the Covenant Eyes extension for Safari once the upgrade is complete.
- Added support for Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite).
- Covenant Eyes no longer repeatedly asks to install the extension in Safari 7.1 and later.
- Fixed a spelling error.
Mac Beta Version 2.4.2b37
Released June 10, 2014
- Prevented installation (for now) onto Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite).
- Added browser extensions for Safari, Firefox, and Chrome to improve Accountability Reports.
- Improved installer to prevent installing over an incompatible version of Covenant Eyes.
- Fixed a periodic crashing issue (kernel panic).
- Improved stability.
Mac Beta Version 2.3.2b6
Released February 13, 2014
- Disabled Secure Search in Google to improve monitoring, filtering, and reporting.