In order to uninstall Covenant Eyes from a Windows computer, Mac computer, or Android™ device, you will need an uninstall code. For more information, read How do I uninstall Covenant Eyes?
NOTE: Due to Apple manufacturer restrictions, Covenant Eyes does not require an uninstall code to uninstall on iPhone®, iPod touch®, or iPad®. But you can enable device Screen Time restrictions to safeguard Covenant Eyes from being removed.
Who is authorized to get an uninstall code?
Account Administrators can always generate uninstall codes. Adult Users (who have not had uninstall permissions removed by the Administrator) can also have permission to uninstall. They can generate uninstall codes from their online account or by calling Customer Support.
Am I notified when an uninstall code is generated?
Each time an uninstall code is generated by a user, the Accountability Partner(s) is notified via email. In addition, this information can be seen in the Legacy Accountability Reports.
How do I prevent a user from generating an uninstall code?
You can also manually prevent users marked as “Adult” from generating uninstall codes. By adjusting this setting, these users will no longer see the “Uninstall” option in their online account. It also prevents that user from receiving an uninstall code by phone from Customer Support. To prevent a user from generating an uninstall code, Administrators can follow these steps:
- Go to www.covenanteyes.com
- Click “My Account” in the top, right-hand corner of the screen
- Sign in with the Account Administrator username and password
- Click “Manage Users” on the left
- Click on the gear icon on the desired user’s profile box
- Un-check the box next to “Allowed to Uninstall” in the “Uninstall Permission” box
- Click the “Save” button in the bottom, right-hand corner