If you are running our Accountability service on a Windows machine:
- Check for the eye icon in the system tray by the clock. (On Windows 8, you can find your system tray on the desktop.) If you do not see the eye icon, then Covenant Eyes has not been properly installed on your machine. Read: “How do I download and install Covenant Eyes?”
- If you are unable to visit a website and the eye icon is closed (a solid blue), this means your username is not currently signed in. Right-click on the eye icon and then click “Sign in.” Use your username and password.
- Once you’ve signed into Covenant Eyes, open your Web browser and start surfing the Internet. Then right-click on the eye icon and click “Show URL logs.” As you surf the Web, you will see URLs generated in the Covenant Eyes window. This means Covenant Eyes is monitoring your Web activity.
If you are running our Accountability service on a Mac:
- Check for the eye icon in the menu bar. If you do not see the eye, then Covenant Eyes has not been properly installed on your machine. Read: “How do I download and install Covenant Eyes?”
- Make sure the eye is open. If it is closed, this means your username is not currently logged in. Click on the eye icon and then click “Sign in.” Use your username and password.
Covenant Eyes for Apple’s iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod® touch is unique in that we offer an Internet browser that is designed to replace Safari. This app is free to subscribers to Covenant Eyes Internet Accountability and Filtering and allows us to monitor and filter all Internet activity that is done through the Covenant Eyes browser. Although using the Covenant Eyes browser offers the best protection while on an iOS device, we also monitor and report any highly mature top level domains accessed through all apps, including Safari, Facebook, Twitter, and others. We still strongly suggest using the Covenant Eyes browser instead of Safari while browsing on an iOS device. Read our user guide to learn how to lock down your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
If you are using our Accountability and Filtering service for Android™ phones and tablets (including the Accountability-only app on supported Kindle devices), simply make sure you are signed into the app and using supported apps. Any other apps accessed will also appear on the Accountability Report. Read our user guide to learn how to set up your Android for accountability.
If you are running our Filtering service for Windows, iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, Android™ phones and tablets or Mac, read “How can I tell if the Covenant Eyes filter is working?”
If you still aren’t sure whether Covenant Eyes is working properly, call us toll-free at 877.479.1119 in the US or +1.989.720.8000 outside the US for free customer support.