This app is free in the App Store®. Anyone can install it, but only Covenant Eyes members can use it.
- On your iPhone or iPad, find and tap your App Store icon.
- In the bottom, right-hand corner of the App Store, tap the magnifying glass that says “Search.” Type “Covenant Eyes” into the search bar at the top of the screen. In the search results, click “GET” to the right of the Covenant Eyes, then hit “Install.” You may be asked to enter your iTunes username and password.
NOTE: If Covenant Eyes has been installed before, Apple replaces the word “GET” with a cloud icon that has a downward-pointing arrow in it. You can press that cloud to start the download.
- Once you have downloaded the app, click “Open.” You’ll then be prompted to sign in with your Covenant Eyes username and password.
- On both the “Welcome” screen and the “Setting up your Protection” screen, swipe left to proceed to the next step.
- To ensure protection, we require VPN access. Press the blue “Allow VPN Configuration” button. A confirmation pop-up will appear, click “Allow.”
- You’ll then be asked to verify with Touch ID or your Passcode.
- Once the VPN has finished installing, you will need to allow Covenant Eyes to send notifications. Press the blue “Enable Notifications” button. A confirmation pop-up will appear, click “Allow.”
- Most of the time, this particular setting is taken care of automatically and behind-the-scenes. So, if the message to enable “Background App Refresh” does appear, please swipe with your finger to be redirected to your device’s Settings screen.
- In Settings, toggle the switch for “Background App Refresh” on (it will turn green). Then click “Covenant Eyes” in the top left to be redirected to the installer.
- When you press the blue “Finish” button, the installation screen will disappear and the Covenant Eyes browser will be ready for action!
For general instructions on how to use the Covenant Eyes app for iOS, read “How do I use the iPhone app?”
For detailed instructions about using Apple’s Screen Time feature, read “How do I set up Screen Time on iOS 12?”