Covenant Eyes for Android™ monitors and filters Internet use on the device’s stock browser, and it reports the apps that are used on a device.
Before You Install Covenant Eyes
- Before you install Covenant Eyes, disable or uninstall any app locking software on your device to prevent any unnecessary conflicts with the installation process. (The Covenant Eyes Android app includes a built-in app locker, so other app lockers are unnecessary.)
- Make sure you have a Covenant Eyes account before you start the installation process. If you are not already a Covenant Eyes user, click here to sign up.
- You will need to enable “Unknown Sources” within the settings on your Android.
Enabling Unknown Sources
- Open up your “Settings” app.
- Locate and open the “Security” setting. It may also be called “Lock screen and Security.”
- In Security, you will enable “Unknown Sources.” NOTE: You will get a message alerting you to what enabling “Unknown Sources” means on your device. You can disable Unknown Sources once Covenant Eyes is installed.
- Tap “Ok” on the Unknown Sources message.
- You are now ready to install the Covenant Eyes app!
Installing Covenant Eyes for Android
You will need to sign into your Covenant Eyes account on your Android device. Once you are signed in, locate our Downloads section and select “Download Now” for our Android version 220.127.116.11.
From there, follow these steps:
- Once our app has finished downloading you’ll need to swipe down on your Android device’s screen to locate Notifications.
- In the Notifications screen, you’ll see our download: app-release.apk, tap on it.
- An install verification screen will appear, tap “Install” in the bottom left corner. Once the app has finished installing, select “Open.”
- Tap the “Get Started” button at the bottom of the page
- A brief description of set up will be shown. Tap the arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen to proceed.
- A review of our privacy statement will appear. Tap the arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen to proceed.
- The first step of set up is enabling the “Device Administrator.” Device administrator allows us to prevent accidental removal of Covenant Eyes. Tap “Continue” to enable device administrator.
- The activate device administrator page will appear; tap “Activate” at the bottom of the page.
- The second step of set up is activating “Accessibility.” Accessibility allows Covenant Eyes to track which websites are visited. Tap “Continue” to proceed.
- You will then be directed to a page with brief instructions on how to enable accessibility for Covenant Eyes. Click the arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- In “Accessibility,” find “Covenant Eyes” and tap on it. At the top of the next page there will be a toggle switch. Slide it to the right to enable accessibility.
- A message about what Covenant Eyes needs to do with accessibility enabled will appear. Tap “Ok.”
- The final step of set up is signing in with your Covenant Eyes username and password. Tap the “Let’s do it” button.
- Proceed to sign in with your Covenant Eyes username and password.
- Finally, a “Success” page will appear and you will have properly installed the Covenant Eyes application for Android!
For additional protection you can check out our free App Locking feature to help restrict which apps can run on your device. Instructions for using our App Locking feature can be found here.
Due to an early 2018 change to the Android OS, we are currently experiencing some service issues on Android phones and tablets, which can usually be fixed by simply restarting the device. We are currently testing a more permanent fix and expect to release it soon.