Covenant Eyes for Android™ monitors and filters Internet use on the device’s stock browser, and it reports the apps that are used on a device.
Before You Install Covenant Eyes
- Before you install Covenant Eyes, disable or uninstall any app locking software on your device to prevent any unnecessary conflicts with the installation process. (The Covenant Eyes Android app includes a built-in app locker, so other app lockers are unnecessary.)
- Make sure you have a Covenant Eyes account before you start the installation process. If you are not already a Covenant Eyes user, click here to sign up.
Installing Covenant Eyes for Android
Click these links from your Android phone or tablet to download the app:
You may also open either Google Play or the Amazon app store from your Android device and search for “Covenant Eyes.”
From there, follow these steps:
- You will see a message about what device systems Covenant Eyes will have access to. Click “Accept.”
- You will then be redirected back to the app description. Once the app is done downloading tap “Open” to start installing Covenant Eyes. (Note: If you downloaded the Covenant Eyes app by accident you can tap on the “Uninstall” option directly to the left of “Open”)
- Tap the “Get Started” button at the bottom of the page
- A brief description of set up will be shown. Tap the arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen to proceed.
- A review of our privacy statement will appear. Tap the arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen to proceed.
- The first step of set up is enabling the “Device Administrator.” Device administrator allows us to prevent accidental removal of Covenant Eyes. Tap “Continue” to enable device administrator.
- The activate device administrator page will appear; tap “Activate” at the bottom of the page.
- The second step of set up is activating “Accessibility.” Accessibility allows Covenant Eyes to track which websites are visited. Tap “Continue” to proceed.
- You will then be directed to a page with brief instructions on how to enable accessibility for Covenant Eyes. Click the arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- In “Accessibility,” find “Covenant Eyes” and tap on it. At the top of the next page there will be a toggle switch. Slide it to the right to enable accessibility.
- A message about what Covenant Eyes needs to do with accessibility enabled will appear. Tap “Ok.”
- The final step of set up is signing in with your Covenant Eyes username and password. Tap the “Let’s do it” button.
- Proceed to sign in with your Covenant Eyes username and password.
- Finally, a “Success” page will appear and you will have properly installed the Covenant Eyes application for Android!
For additional protection you can check out our free App Locking feature to help restrict which apps can run on your device. Instructions for using our App Locking feature can be found here.