Covenant Eyes for Android™ monitors top level domains accessed by browsers or apps. In addition, we’ve partnered with Clean Browsing to enforce their Adult level blocking for all Android users.
Before You Install Covenant Eyes
- Before you install Covenant Eyes, please disable the Blue Light filter app or any other screen dimming apps on your device. You should also disable or uninstall any app locking software to prevent any unnecessary conflicts during the installation process. (The Covenant Eyes Android app includes a built-in app locker, so other app lockers are unnecessary.)
- Make sure you have a Covenant Eyes account before you start the installation process. If you are not already a Covenant Eyes user, sign up now.
Installing Covenant Eyes for Android
The Covenant Eyes app can be found in the Google Play store. Once you have found the app, hit “Install” to begin.
Covenant Eyes will ask for access to a few features on your device. Click “Accept” to continue. Once the app is installed, click “Open.” There are still a few steps to go, so tap the “Get Started” button.
- Sign in using your Covenant Eyes username and password. (If you don’t have one, click the “Sign Up Now!” link to start your account.)
- A brief description of set up will be shown. Tap the arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen to proceed.
- A review of our Privacy Statement will appear. Tap the arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen to proceed.
- The first step of set up is enabling the “Device Administrator.” Device Administrator allows us to prevent accidental removal of Covenant Eyes. Tap “Activate” to enable Device Administrator.
- Next, you will be asked to activate a VPN. Click “Activate VPN,” then click “OK.”
- Next, you will be asked to enable Usage Access. Tap “Allow Usage Access,” then find Covenant Eyes in the listed apps. Tap on Covenant Eyes, and toggle “Allow Usage Tracking” to On.
- You will now arrive at the Covenant Eyes for Android App menu. You have properly installed the Covenant Eyes application for Android!
For additional protection, learn about our free App Locking feature.