Covenant Eyes for Android™ monitors and filters Internet use on the device’s stock browser, and it reports the apps that are used on a device.
Before You Install Covenant Eyes
- Before you install Covenant Eyes, disable or uninstall any app locking software on your device to prevent any unnecessary conflicts with the installation process. (The Covenant Eyes Android app includes a built-in app locker, so other app lockers are unnecessary.)
- Make sure you have a Covenant Eyes account before you start the installation process. If you are not already a Covenant Eyes user, click here to sign up.
Installing Covenant Eyes for Android
The Covenant Eyes app can be found on the Google Play store. Once you have found the app, hit “Install” to begin the process.
Covenant Eyes will ask for access to a few things on your device. Click “Accept” to continue. Once the app is installed, click “Open.” There are still a few steps to go, so tap the “Get Started” button.
- Sign in using your Covenant Eyes username and password. (If you don’t have one, click the “Sign Up Now!” link to start your account.)
- A brief description of set up will be shown. Tap the arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen to proceed.
- A review of our Privacy Statement will appear. Tap the arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen to proceed.
- The first step of set up is enabling the “Device Administrator.” Device Administrator allows us to prevent accidental removal of Covenant Eyes. Tap “Activate” to enable Device Administrator.
- Next, you will be asked to activate a VPN. Click “Activate VPN,” then click “OK.”
- Next, you will be asked to enable Usage Access. Tap “Allow Usage Access,” then find Covenant Eyes in the listed apps. Tap on Covenant Eyes, and toggle “Allow Usage Tracking” to On.
- You will now arrive at the Covenant Eyes for Android App menu. You have properly installed the Covenant Eyes application for Android!
For additional protection you can check out our free App Locking feature to help restrict which apps can run on your device. Instructions for using our App Locking feature can be found here.