Microsoft just released a new Windows 10 Anniversary update, which is causing compatibility issues with Covenant Eyes (and a number of other programs). We are working on a fix for this issue, and will release it as soon as possible. In the meantime, we suggest the following:
- Do not install the Windows 10 Anniversary update if you have not done so already. Keep an eye on tech blogs to see when Microsoft has fixed some of the issues with this update.
- If you have already installed the Windows 10 Anniversary update, you can roll back to your previous version of Windows 10. (Follow the instructions here.)
If you have any questions, or need help, call our Customer Support Team toll-free in the U.S. at 877.479.1119 (international at 1.989.720.8000). Look for a new version of Covenant Eyes soon!
Please note: You need to have an Accountability and/or Filtering username to install our software. Sign up today!
Downloads and updates for Covenant Eyes software can be found in your online account.
You will be shown automatically the download that matches the operating system your computer is using. If you believe you are being shown the incorrect version, you may also click the “Show all downloads” link to view the full list of available downloads.
Please note that beginning with Covenant Eyes version 7.2.0, we are unable to support Windows XP or Windows Vista platforms. A version of Covenant Eyes was designed specifically for these platforms, 6.5.0, and will be available on the website along with the current released version.
- Click the “Download Now” button to download Covenant Eyes and start the installation process.
- You will be given the choice to run the install file directly, save it, or cancel the download. Choose “Run.” Your download will then start automatically. (Note: Depending on your choice of Internet browser, you may only be given the option to save the file or cancel the download. Choose “Save,” then open the downloaded file.)
- Windows may be ask if you want to allow the program to make changes to your computer. Select “Yes.”
- The Install Wizard will start automatically. Close down any extra programs you have running and select “Next.”
- In order for Covenant Eyes to begin working, you will need to reboot your computer. Select whether you would like to reboot it immediately, or whether you would like to wait, then click “Finish.”
If you are installing on Windows 8, you will need to sign into Covenant Eyes from the desktop screen before you can use the Internet.
Updating Covenant Eyes
In order to update your Covenant Eyes software, simply follow the process outlined above. In most cases, you will not need to uninstall your current version of the software.
Checking Your Version Number
Right-click on the eye icon in the system tray, which is next to the clock on your computer. Select “About.” You will find your version number next to the words, “Client Version.”